Seeking Advice on Beach Hunting

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been detecting for about 6 months (land only) and I recently got an AT Pro. I have used it on land and am very happy with it. I now want to match up 2 hobbies together by paddle boarding and MDing on the beach. Does anyone have any advice on how a rookie would go about it? Land is all about research, but how does one determine where on a beach that goes on forever where to go? I appreciate any advice on the how to or any other aspect of it for that matter. Thanks in advance...Brad

Upvote 0

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same research applies. One hint, vintage postcards:)

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the dry sand hunt the towel lines and anywhere you see people doing activities, like throwing footballs, Frisbees...in the wet sand hunt the low spots on low tide...that's a very general way to get started...gold can be anywhere but better chance where the most people are.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good wet-sand and water scoop; Good lightweight dry-sand scoop; deep machine (multi-freq or pulse induction) for wet sand and water, Local library photo research into the early 1900s and late 1800s

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Low tides and erosion, wet hard sand. A scoop if you are going into the water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just keep hunting longer and more frequently and learn by reading and researching tips via Tnets posts. There are some very knowledgable hunters on here that share some very valuable information and a lot can be learned from them.

Learn the do's and don'ts of the machine you're using and where the ideal spots are to hunt.
Don't go out expecting to find Gold every hunt or you'll become frustrated.
Just head out and enjoy the hobby and once in a while you'll get a nice reward in your scoop. At the least you'll find your Zen while out on the beach!
Good luck!

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
R

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep hunting longer and more frequently and learn by reading and researching tips via Tnets posts. There are some very knowledgable hunters on here that share some very valuable information and a lot can be learned from them.

Learn the do's and don'ts of the machine you're using and where the ideal spots are to hunt.
Don't go out expecting to find Gold every hunt or you'll become frustrated.
Just head out and enjoy the hobby and once in a while you'll get a nice reward in your scoop. At the least you'll find your Zen while out on the beach!
Good luck!
I definitely get my zen in the ocean. Plus, with the heat near or in the triple digits the cooling off factor is a heck of a benefit. Thanks for the advise everyone...Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions