..:: Excalibur Ultimate Edition - First shots.... top secret project ::..

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guys, sorry for being a bit busy recently (need to make money, still not retired) and didn't had much time to make videos or any discovery of interest.

I am in the process of enhancing my stock Excalibur II to probably the best Excalibur version ever built up to date.

I have received all the pieces, it is time now to start and complete the project.

Step 1 : End caps replacement

Technology used : OBN (.."Sir OBN) for the end cap and Fischer for the connectors

end-caps-plugs.jpg end-caps-plugs2.jpg
Anderson Handle c.JPG IMG_0951.JPG
IMG_0952.JPG

2 Excalibur will be Moded. You can see

1 End cap replacement for the battery pack, enhancing the capacity of the battery to a LIPO4s with balance charging (11 connections available)
1 End cap replacement of the main pod that will receive 2 plugs, 1 for coil + remote PP switch (4 connectors + 4 connectors) or 1 for Headphone + battery pack (3 connectors + 4 connectors)
1 End cap for the a Backup Exclibur only upgrading for an headphone plug (3 connector plug).
1 Remote PP switch "latching version" in SS 316L.

The plugs are partially made of titanium/gold and are waterproof down to 3000Ft.

The Fischers plugs are "screwed", not drilled to give extra strength and waterproofing capabilities. I will use epoxy when electrical contacts will be done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Looks very nice. Can't wait to see finished product. hh gl -Joe

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Real nice Frog Master!
Keep us updated!

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a few shots of the stock IKELITE Connector and the one I will use from Fischer:

IMG_0960.JPG IMG_0961.JPG IMG_0962.JPG IMG_0963.JPG IMG_0964.JPG
2 size of connectors, a really smal one up to 8 pins and a large one up to 11 pins for battery POD (only for charging).

For those who are used to IKELITE plug, you can see the size and quality difference....

A 4 pins small connector will be used for the coil replacement feature
IMG_0959.JPG

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now..... can you get me two more inches of depth........ ill take one. Its going to be a thing of beauty. You have to love it when the techno guys step it up.

Dew

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Now..... can you get me two more inches of depth........ ill take one. Its going to be a thing of beauty. You have to love it when the techno guys step it up.

Dew

The use of a LiPo4s will overdrive a bit the Exclibur. I only use my Exclibur for underwater hunting so overheating is not an issu for me. OBN told me that there was no gain (or almost) with the use of 4S (14,4v - 16,8v)..... but i'll maybe try the direct xxxxxx of OBN (top secret)....that should gives a boost to the depth.

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frog - You & OBN are the master Jedi's....and I bow to you both :notworthy:

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Frog - You & OBN are the master Jedi's....and I bow to you both :notworthy:

OBN is the Master Jedi, I'm only its Padawan... maybe one day OBN will raise my grade, but it will take a loooooong time....

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
Frogmaster, you how work your modified Excal? I didn't saw this Fiscker connectors before. The higher voltage really gain the excal's depth?
I changed my excal battery to Lipo, but not enough room in the pod, just for 11,1V pack.

I bought an used GG Amphibian headphones. I want to do pair with my Excalibur. I looking aftermarket endcap for this headphone, with connector or plain endcap. (i drilled my original for pinpoint mod)
I know OBN produce these endcaps at winter. That is still far away. :(
I look around to see if there is someone selling it.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh Man am I going to be watching this thread develop! OBN & Frogmaster melding their brains?

Let the good times roll!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread