Bad dream last night that bothers me today

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've all had dreams, some were nice and some scary. Last nights dream shook me to the core. I dreamt I drove an hour to a very popular beach to find lots of goodies. I grabbed the CZ-21 and Sunspot scoop, my trash/goodie bag on my waist and marched into the water waste deep. When I went to turn on detector, it was already turned on. Last night when I changed the batteries and tested them I never turned the detector off so it was dead and I didn't bring any spares. On reflecting on this, I had done this once before.

What is your Horror story?:censored:

Upvote 0

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I drove an hour to b ach only to realize that I forg my headphones. I left spare set at home. So I left an went home. When I got home and was unloading everything I realized something. I had my spare set in the back seat of my car. Was cold that day too. I thought long an hard about this too. What was wrong with me. I blamed it on smoking something. Hh gl -Joe

We've all had dreams, some were nice and some scary. Last nights dream shook me to the core. I dreamt I drove an hour to a very popular beach to find lots of goodies. I grabbed the CZ-21 and Sunspot scoop, my trash/goodie bag on my waist and marched into the water waste deep. When I went to turn on detector, it was already turned on. Last night when I changed the batteries and tested them I never turned the detector off so it was dead and I didn't bring any spares. On reflecting on this, I had done this once before.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man - That is a scary story, I can't even imagine waking up to find a CZ21 - OUCH!!!!

Lighten up - just kidding !!!! I always go by my checklist when diving/detecting - too easy to forget 1 thing and ruin the day.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was quite awake and as protective as I am of cutting tools, made several recoveries with a pocket knife having left the digger somewhere other.
Then there was the long hill climb in the wheel chair with a rest halfway. Seemed much less of a hill going the other way.
Made it to the top and got a good signal... only the digger was still by the lake, downhill again,of course....
Then the sound of headset cord tearing apart in a wheel.
Or stabbing the cord cutting a plug.
Wireless is great today.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove to the beach once... got out ... geared up... ready to lock car and felt like I was forgetting something...

But I wasn't forgetting anything...

I had ALREADY forgot... My scoop.

Got back home and pulling in ...
there it was setting right next to where the car was parked outside.

Went back... pulled 3.6g 10k necklace... glad I went back ... almost did not go back out.

PS> I cannot tell you how many times batteries have cost me a day over the years...
Too many to count...
I always carry reserves the past 10 years or more now.

Last edited:

Lats

Jan 17, 2015
Westchester, NY
Detector(s) used
White Surf Dual PI, Ace250 with Double D Coil, Stealth 720i Hybrid, Beachmaster, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Thanks Sandman. Every time I go to the beach I remember that I haven't packed spare batteries and then forget to do it when I get home. Thanks for reminding me. I'm going to to it now.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Out hunting a few years ago, by boat. Using a CZ20, the machine started cutting on and off.. had a nice solid midtone and she died into the first scoop. Come to find out the battery compartment leaked and was shorting out the battery. The CZ hung on for as long as it could but died 2 hours into the hunt..So I had to head back to the boat, only to find out that the tide had came in on us..so I swam with all my gear to the boat, sifter,scoop, detector..it was easy since I had wore a manual inflate PFD, the bad I sat on the boat listening as my buddies dug treasure for 2 more hours...

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
I also drove 2 1/2 hours to hunt only to realize I left my scoop at home. :BangHead:
Now you should see my OCD, triple check, ritual before I leave the garage!

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesus I've done so many dumb things that I can't remember them all:laughing7: I've left my sand scoop, headphones, digger, battery pack, and knees pads at home on more than one ocassion in the past but three of my dumbest things were:

1. I had switched out my chargeable battery pack from my explorer to my spare battery pack while at the beach. My chargeable battery pack was in my back pocket with my keys. Got back to the car removed the battery back and placed in on top of the car to get to my keys. Put everything away and drove off. The first time I hit the brakes my $75 chargeable battery pack slid off the roof of my car, slid down the window in front of me and I saw it smash into pieces on the pavement. :censored:

2. I left my $150 sand scoop laying on the ground after a beach hunt at Zuma beach. Drove all the way back and it was gone. :censored: :censored:

3. Took off my wedding band and put it in my pocket at a park (like I've done a million times before). This time my pocket had a hole in the corner and lost it at the park. This went over real big with my wife :censored::censored::censored:

Old age sucks :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Lord! I know it wasn't funny at the time but thanks for making me smile :laughing7:

Out hunting a few years ago, by boat. Using a CZ20, the machine started cutting on and off.. had a nice solid midtone and she died into the first scoop. Come to find out the battery compartment leaked and was shorting out the battery. The CZ hung on for as long as it could but died 2 hours into the hunt..So I had to head back to the boat, only to find out that the tide had came in on us..so I swam with all my gear to the boat, sifter,scoop, detector..it was easy since I had wore a manual inflate PFD, the bad I sat on the boat listening as my buddies dug treasure for 2 more hours...

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is a true horror story:
I am posting it to inform, with the hope that efforts and disclosures will result in better safegaurds
so that what happened to me will not happen to others.

The good is that I have resumed treasure hunting, this time with a metal detector.
Four to five decades earlier, I was inspired and became hooked on treasure hunting after spending part of an afternoon with Art Mckee at his museum (a scaled down spanish galleon) in the Florida Keys. Since I was young with more energy than common sense, I gave treasure hunting for sunken ships a go, by being towed behind my boat like cut bait searching for ballast piles of sunken ships.

The bad is that those who have deprived me of my inalienable rights: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, though no longer in power, have yet to be held accountable for their abuse of power. None of my equipment taken has ever been returned, and I have not been compensated for resulting damage(s).

The ugly is that the needless damage cause by their abuse and excessive use of force, which was above the law is beyond repair.

The dream that I had was sureal, everything was at a forty five degree angle.
What I was dreaming seamed to be a series of snapshots of my house and yard, But something was wrong, very wrong - there was something missing. When I came around, I realized that I had vertigo
and was being treated in intensive care with antibiotics and morphine for pain as an infection had set in my left foot which had been scratched/punctured by broken glass/wood in my home while cleaning up.

It turned out that I almost lost my life, lost most of what I have worked my entire life for, including my children's heritage, needlessly. My home was broken into and equipment siezed on the possibility, I repeat possibility, that the person living in the rear studio attached to my house (seperate entrance and exit), cannot be entered through my home, which is always locked when I am away and guarded by a pit bull to commit a computer crime.

I cannot go into details in the remote possibility that I am able to find a civil rights attorney who will take my case. I again plead, please send me a PM if you or know of anyone who can help.

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Could have been worse. There could have been a shark in that dream...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread