Newport RI

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Metal detecting the beach this Saturday with me neice and nephew. The beach was pretty clean of signals. We went up to where the picknick tables are near the conncession stands and got a multitude of signals. All I heard was" Uncle Dan, I got a signal." To my surprise we recovered a buffalo nickle and an old tie clip with the letter G engraved on it. I was visting for the weekend to spend time with the kids so I couldnt seriously detect the area. But if your from the area, hit it for me and let me know what else is there.

Attachments

• 1435578408856.jpg
    1435578408856.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres no less than like 20 TH'ers that frequent there - have not seen many that post here or frequent here - unless they are lurkers

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
20 guys detecting? You would think they would look around the picnic tables. To funny. Actualy it was my neice who brought us there.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
by "there" I did not mean that beach - because by your pic can not tell exactly which bch it is
I meant Newport - and a lot of the guys I know crank their discrim. in the dry sand - which would be reason they'd miss the buffalo
I'd say more do the wet sand and water now a days and did not mean 20 guys hit that one beach each day
I used to spend every other weekend down there - there meaning Newport - 5-6 yrs ago and did very well
then I told someone and they told 2 people and they told 2 people and so on ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread