DOES GRIDDING A BEACH OR ZIG ZAGING PRODUCE MORE FINDS ?

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Always try to cover twice the area with a 90° angle difference. Will increase the DFTR*

* DDFTR= Digg & Find-through rate

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a large percentage of luck. . Plain and simple
More than once Ive had to change my line to go around someone in the water and hit a gold ring as I went around them...lucky they were in my line or I would have missed the gold...so luck does play a role.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Zig zag to establish a find line. Then grid both sides of the line.

When i first started beach hunting i was taught this method. I said to myself, yeah right! But as i zig zagged down the beach hitting on clad, pennies, junk etc, sure enough more times than not it formed a line.

There is also the circle method. if you hit on a heavy target grid in a spiraling circle around it. Doing that got me my one and only two gold ring hunt. Ring two about ten feet from ring one.

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Zig Zag until a good hit; then I spiral around until the next hit; then again and again jumping from target to target and spinning around until I can't see straight.

I look in my goodie bag and decide to take a break, After enjoying some eye candy its back to the sun crazed dance back to my ride. What a wonderful day in paradise.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the dry I will grid. In the wet I do more of a zig zag until I hit a pocket of targets, then grid it real tight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread