Seen question about air travel before so hope this helps

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know a lot of people have questions about whether or not they can travel with their metal detector. Im currently waiting for my flight out of FLL and have traveled several times with my Excalibur ii like it is pictured. Even managed to get my largest scoop in my checked bag along with my shaft. Hope this helps someone in the future and HappyHunting! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435960860.165590.jpg

Upvote 0

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the Airport! Better in the checked luggage from my experience. Europe.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
I've traveled with my stuff, checked (not carryon) I try to spread everything out inside so they can see what it is going through the X Ray

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I throw my sand shark in my backpack with the end pointing out of it. Goes right through every time. Never even had it stopped to be searched. Carry on.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Im not worried about the detector I'm more interested in the sand scoop. I have a TRex scoop and a 36" wooden shovel handle. I seriously doubt that'll be allowed as a carry on. I've decided to get a golf club travel case and throw the handle in it. It's either that or just bring a cordless drill and hit home depot for a new handle for 10.00 when I land.

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
My excalibur ii minus the stock will all fit inside of a laptop bag quite comfortably which makes easy for either carry on or putting in my luggage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread