Magnet In Scoops

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt pro,surf pi pro,trx pinpointer
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good idea. A lot of the time it will catch the bottle caps and nails well sifting.

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use one in my scoop shovel it helps spot and hold old nails and bobby pins.
I have a large round one in my collection pouch for ballast it keeps it from flopping up and dumping out everything.
I lost a Cameo broach today from that irritating Wake Board Boat.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flies and Baits 256.JPG I like the bar magnets near the front. Note the stud earring in front of the magnets.:thumbsup:

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Attachments

• scoop mag top.JPG
    scoop mag top.JPG
    679.8 KB · Views: 78
OP
OP
Chad1972

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok cool, thanks everybody. I'll bolt me a couple on then.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I use the black plastic coated ones with the holes in the middle, mounted with stainless steel bolts and washers. They last the longest in salt water.

Magnet supply place.

As with all things in life, you get what you pay for. If you use old crappy weak magnets from dead computers, car speaker and such, well...

Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 11.27.53 AM.png

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try K&G Magnetics, they have a huge variety of powerful rare earth magnets in many sizes and configurations. I use ones that are rectangular with two holes in them and use nylon wire ties to secure them to my Stavr scoop's holes. They are not very expensive and really hold the small iron or steel junk that will otherwise fall through your scoop and drive you nuts. K&G does have a website and ordering online is easy and fast. Swimming areas are often full of bobby pins and bottle caps, good magnets will cull them out for you.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bought my magnets from Harbour freight. They're strong and 2 for about a buck. Just use zip ties to mount them.
I call them "sanity" magnets. Keeps me from going crazy trying to find that little something that keeps falling thru.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread