Should have known better

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got an invite for me and the wife to come down and stay with them in Surf City N.C. for a few days.Thursday I decided to do a little detecting. Waited for low tide which was about 2:30 pm. Big mistake! There was quite a few people out there, and most had been drinking. Was hunting in front of a group of people, and next thing I know,they were sending their kids out in front of me to throw out a bunch of coins for their amusement. Been through this before, so I smiled and waved at them and kept going. Was only out there for maybe 30 min. and started to feel real uncomfortable.Turned my machine off and was heading back, when the group approached me and started asking questions about detecting. I was more than happy to answer what I could. BUT there was this 1 A-hole that was 3 sheets in the wind that was giving me a hard time about by not looking for the coins that his kids had thrown out there.Needless to say, I got out of there pronto! Just a kick in the groin to remind me to hunt the beach in the off season around here! Anyways, I did find a cool torch lighter that after I rinsed it off and let it dry, works pretty darn good. Surf City 001.JPG Surf City 002.JPG

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad to read that you gout out of their without an incident.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hear ya. I went to a local beach tonight unusually early for me. 11pm. A ton of college Kids partying still. 3 tried to mess with me until they saw my bowie knife on my side. Guess that sobered them up a lil. .

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Payback is a you know what. Wait for the person to leave And get behind the wheel of a vehicle. Calll the cops on the person. I had a drunk give me and a friend hell once...I check the police log 3 weeks later. The day did not turn out so well. In most places you can be arrested for being drunk in public or drinking in public. If you do this be smart do it anonymously. Just say you were walking down beach and would like to remain anonymous. I don't go out of my way to do this. But sometimes we have what's called "failure to communicate". Lol hh gl -Joe

Got an invite for me and the wife to come down and stay with them in Surf City N.C. for a few days.Thursday I decided to do a little detecting. Waited for low tide which was about 2:30 pm. Big mistake! There was quite a few people out there, and most had been drinking. Was hunting in front of a group of people, and next thing I know,they were sending their kids out in front of me to throw out a bunch of coins for their amusement. Been through this before, so I smiled and waved at them and kept going. Was only out there for maybe 30 min. and started to feel real uncomfortable.Turned my machine off and was heading back, when the group approached me and started asking questions about detecting. I was more than happy to answer what I could. BUT there was this 1 A-hole that was 3 sheets in the wind that was giving me a hard time about by not looking for the coins that his kids had thrown out there.Needless to say, I got out of there pronto! Just a kick in the groin to remind me to hunt the beach in the off season around here! Anyways, I did find a cool torch lighter that after I rinsed it off and let it dry, works pretty darn good. View attachment 1183584 View attachment 1183585

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Yea topsail/surf city is way too crowded at that time of day. I went out at topsail @ 430 pm yesterday and it was still really crowded but a lot were leaving. best bets in NC beaches are before 9am or after 6pm. this morning i was out from 630-8 and there was really no one on the beach.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea topsail/surf city is way too crowded at that time of day. I went out at topsail @ 430 pm yesterday and it was still really crowded but a lot were leaving. best bets in NC beaches are before 9am or after 6pm. this morning i was out from 630-8 and there was really no one on the beach.

I hear ya man. Looks like a pretty good beach to hunt. The morning tide wasn't in my favor Thurs. By 8am the water was almost to the dunes. Low tide there was quite a bit of beach exposed. Def. worth a trip back

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread