Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got in seven hours with BigMike and Davidfl...plenty of people, plenty of targets and plenty of hunters in the water but no gold...David got three nice rings, a silver and two stainless...I got two junk rings...finally got to meet Ron Lord...the local hunters are getting so paranoid that they act like they don't want to talk to you or tell what they have been finding...makes me laugh and I wont be telling them what I find anymore either...had my whole family with me so it was a great day with warm, calm clear water...good luck to everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    244.6 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yea man, been doin this since 70's, found out right a away, from my dad actually, NEVER tell.....fishhooks n beer cans is the standard answer, i dont even say it with a smile any more. waaay too many people on MY turf haha

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think most hunters myself included don't want to be pestered by people and their dumb questions. We are partaking in our hobby and don't like anyone intruding. However my attitude for detectorists is different i readily say hello and speak to them if spoken to. Even if the jewelry was junk it is still a great experience !

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Nice ring/rings. I don't think there is anything wrong with telling or showing other hunters your finds.

Maybe tell them there is nothing left I'm just looking for my car keys. Although, I do have a bad habit of showing my finds if you happen to be wearing a Bikini.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robins egg turquoise ring.
Could even be sleeping beauty turquoise.
Sweet.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a nice day in the water... :thumbsup:

I went water detecting for the 1st time today at a local state park beach. Hunter for 90 minutes and walked away with 3 fish hooks.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
I like that ring with the blue stone, lookindown:thumbsup:

that cross looks to be silver?

nice clad count, also

Lorraine

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thas a goo take, some real nice silver..

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was fun. You found about twice as much as I did. There were probably 8 or 10 guys in the water and I think that's the most I have ever seen . It was nice to meet Ron Lord. He was very nice and informative and even shared some his beach hunting techniques which I will put to use. Thanks Ron :icon_thumleft: To me, half of the fun of hunting and finding things is getting to show them to other hunters and talk about my finds, equipment and such. I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much without being able to talk to others or post my finds. I see guys I know and was always happy to see because I could talk a little about hunting, show them something I found or see a good find from them and now I barely get a head nod or a wave out of them. Now I'm all about "to each his own" but that just doesn't work for me. I will continue to talk to others at the beach and show other hunters (or people who ask) what I have found and continue to post my finds because I know that when I see guys finding good stuff whether it be gold, silver coins or relics it encourages me to get out there and find some for myself. I wouldn't let one bad experience or whatever it was ruin it for me. I think most if not all of us are doing this for fun and I'm having the time of my life and I know you are too Lookindown. I just hope everyone else can say the same thing because if not I guess you gotta wonder why you are doing it.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering the number of hunters, you managed very well. Now it's my turn!

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that ring with the blue stone, lookindown:thumbsup:

that cross looks to be silver?

nice clad count, also

Lorraine
Cross is aluminum.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was fun. You found about twice as much as I did. There were probably 8 or 10 guys in the water and I think that's the most I have ever seen . It was nice to meet Ron Lord. He was very nice and informative and even shared some his beach hunting techniques which I will put to use. Thanks Ron :icon_thumleft: To me, half of the fun of hunting and finding things is getting to show them to other hunters and talk about my finds, equipment and such. I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much without being able to talk to others or post my finds. I see guys I know and was always happy to see because I could talk a little about hunting, show them something I found or see a good find from them and now I barely get a head nod or a wave out of them. Now I'm all about "to each his own" but that just doesn't work for me. I will continue to talk to others at the beach and show other hunters (or people who ask) what I have found and continue to post my finds because I know that when I see guys finding good stuff whether it be gold, silver coins or relics it encourages me to get out there and find some for myself. I wouldn't let one bad experience or whatever it was ruin it for me. I think most if not all of us are doing this for fun and I'm having the time of my life and I know you are too Lookindown. I just hope everyone else can say the same thing because if not I guess you gotta wonder why you are doing it.
Yeah it was nice talking with Ron. He knows his stuff and will talk with you about detecting and his finds. We are a little different than most because we like to hunt in the crowds. On the ride home we talk about the people we saw and talked to during the day, more than we talk about our finds. I see Mike and David talking to people all the time. I stopped and showed a kid how to throw his cast net one day...stuff like that makes my day and I like to think people look at our hobby differently after talking with us...we have fun out there detecting, no matter what we find.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
When i find my first cobb you all will be the first to know. Like i said before it took me 11 years to get my first keeper snook. Looks like my adventure has just begun. Congrats on the good time Lookindown

sent from a sending device

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Funny you should mention "locals not talking", I'm afraid I was one of them.....I was the one with the wake in the water behind him about 8:30am.... I was headed home from a night hunt and it wasn't until later that evening when I was told by another hunter that he saw Big Mike and Davidfl.....that it clicked ......that familiar face was Lookingdown , I felt bad I didn't stop and chat. Normally I test people with a few questions or small talk to see IF they are the talking type.....some don't want to be bothered (one just south of you at that time was one) others will chat all day long as they hunt....there are all types out there. (I've been told by some I talk to much....giving away all the "secrets" :dontknow:).. Maybe next time! Seems you found plenty of targets in spite of the crowd of hunters.

Until next time......good luck out there!

Cliff

Last edited:

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was one of the locals too. I talked to looking down briefly and let him know I saw Dave and Mike down the road a ways. Haven't seen you guys out there in quite some time. However you did much better than I did, I got a couple of junk rings and that's about it and a bunch of clad. there was one guy out there who is well known to be very grumpy and doesn't talk to anybody. You must have ran across him.take care and see you guys next time.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you should mention "locals not talking", I'm afraid I was one of them.....I was the one with the wake in the water behind him about 8:30am.... I was headed home from a night hunt and it wasn't until later that evening when I was told by another hunter that he saw Big Mike and Davidfl.....that it clicked ......that familiar face was Lookingdown , I felt bad I didn't stop and chat. Normally I test people with a few questions or small talk to see IF they are the talking type.....some don't want to be bothered (one just south of you at that time was one) others will chat all day long as they hunt....there are all types out there. (I've been told by some I talk to much....giving away all the "secrets" :dontknow:).. Maybe next time! Seems you found plenty of targets in spite of the crowd of hunters.

Until next time......good luck out there!

Cliff
Hey, I never saw you or either I didn't recognize you...I would have hollered at you if I did...good luck out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread