🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last month in saltwater on cape cod
waters weren't ideal but made the best of it
had a hard time finding the old pilings area with visibility not being the greatest -
2nd target was a large hit - I clicked from all metal to ID mode to see if it was large iron or something worth digging
ID went low -mid then high with each sweep over it - sometimes that means more than one object - so I started scooping
bout a foot down I hit an old brick - old bricks from up here - early ones - have metal in them and go off like silver dimes
I removed it - signal was bigger than that - scooped down another 6 inches and got a conglomerate - ended up being an old pocket knife
rechecked hole and got another signal was surprised to see large silver disc in my scoop - walking liberty half
pays to dig it all -
surprise for the day (well there were 2) - got a faint signal in the rocks that were under where the wharf would have been
this is where I got 2 Large cents last month - saw a copper disc and I got excited - thought it might be a half cent but then thought 2 cent piece
bingo - 2 center - my first from saltwater
not to long after I got another nice signal not to far from what was left from the wharf pilings and came up with another old coin - it was black and I swiped with my thumb
and saw one cent and then noticed its thickness - oh yea - a fatty ...1863 and it came out in beautiful shape - it was XF when lost
I did get an old gold band - a older silver ring - brass old bracelet
keepers I ended up with
1942 walk lib half
1941 sil. quarter
1943 sil.quarter
1939 merc
1936 merc
1946 sil.Roos.
1945-P sil. nickel
Buffalo nickel
2 cent piece
1863 IH penny
got an old brass wedding band (probably form a fisherman working on the wharf)
more bronze nails/spikes ...more lead fishing net weights ...some brass sail grommets and a large rosette
amongst other old stuff
looking forward to going back - there's a lot of large iron out there - can be tough to work
but I know there are more goodies under and next to some of the junk
hoping to get some period silver eventually
I know 2c is rough but still cool for me to find in the water -have gotten good ones on land
but finding this one and another fatty (3rd one from there) gives hope for what other oldies may be out there
aDSC00070.JPG
befor.JPG
after light cleaning
aft.JPG
aDSC00067.JPG
junk minus larger conglomerates
aDSC00069.JPG

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one of the best hunts Ive seen posted lately...great old coins and they are in pretty good shape for saltwater...congrats on the gold and silver...great hunt.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some awesome digs. Sounds like you had to work hard for all of them. Congrats on the nice hunt.:notworthy:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
And i flip out over one brass nail. I wouldnt be able to drive home after a hunt like that.

sent from a sending device

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some awesome digs. Sounds like you had to work hard for all of them. Congrats on the nice hunt.:notworthy:

it wasn't easy - that is why stuff is still out there at this spot - Im on my toes at low tide and don't have a lot of time
to stay on the spot - theres is a lot of large old trash - a lot of those old bricks that read off - many coins are in pockets with
old bronze nails and old lead too - current made it hard to stay on targets - its not an easy spot to hit

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 2 old ones - one bad - one awesome
but both give hope for more oldies to be found there down the road
2c.jpg
63ih.jpg

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome digs Casper!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're killing me! We just don't have the amount of history in my area that you have in yours.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice work Casper. That's a lot of digging but very rewarding. I hope the next time you go it a super low tide.

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Man! You're killing me :laughing7:. What a spot and a great haul:notworthy::notworthy:! Can't wait to see what else you pull from there. Do you give lessons :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Man! You're killing me :laughing7:. What a spot and a great haul:notworthy::notworthy:! Can't wait to see what else you pull from there. Do you give lessons :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
I have given lessons and pass on knowledge whenever asked but my methods of hunting aren't for all - I hunt in all metal 99% of the time and try to dig it all
not for everyone - I'll PM you some articles ive written though :thumbsup:-some might help - others might inspire

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not exact one - that I can prove - but this wharf was within a mile or 2 of mine
some of these go back to the mid 1800s - and with some of the coin finds Ive made out there
large cents - 2c piece and early IHs
I believe mine was one of the early ones
I believe this pic is from the 1800s

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again for the links. Makes me want to get out in the water :thumbsup:
I have given lessons and pass on knowledge whenever asked but my methods of hunting aren't for all - I hunt in all metal 99% of the time and try to dig it all
not for everyone - I'll PM you some articles ive written though :thumbsup:-some might help - others might inspire

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Nice finds! Any idea what the lead disk is above the nails and next to the net weights? I too found one very similar to yours this past weekend in the back of a harbor in buzzards bay. Let me know when you're around again, I'll be back on the bay this Sunday-Tuesday.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Any idea what the lead disk is above the nails and next to the net weights? I too found one very similar to yours this past weekend in the back of a harbor in buzzards bay. Let me know when you're around again, I'll be back on the bay this Sunday-Tuesday.
Its a rosette like off a horse bridle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions