2 Hours in Okinawa

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had 2 hours to spare after church and hit the beach. well here is the results. Normally, I have been getting skunked I guess the one above helped me out since I went to church. Garrett Sea Hunter II

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WOW!, what a great two hours...
If they'ed a skunked ya today, it wouldn't have been for lack of trying...
Looks like you had a great day. Good Luck on the next one...

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was stationed in Okinawa in 1987 - 1988 at Camp Zukeran (I was in USMC). I took my Whites 6000 Di3 with me, and did pretty good. I went to the housing area and some park areas and found quite a few US silver, not to mention a ton of 10 yen, 50 yen and 100 yen coins. One place I did the best was at Kadena AFB, but there is a large dependant housing near Zukeran you might want to check. As the exchange rate right now is almost 100 yen to the dollar, each 100 yen coin is a nice find, like finding 4 quarters in one hole!!!!! ;D

D

Darod

Cool.

I love finding foreign coinage. Of course, I don't find alot of it here in Florida :-\
I have found some euro's though, that was neet.

Nice jewelry too! What's the story on those rings? Anything good?

Rod

rck_1

Oct 9, 2004
Knightdale, NC
Kevin,
Just past Camp Hansen going north is a public beach called Kin-Blue. in 1992-93 I was a life gaurd at the beach and i never once saw a detector out there. I would be willing to bet that if it was hunted systematically you could walk away with a small fortune. What are the biiger coins next to the 100 yen ones?

OP
OP
The Master Chief

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I need to answer a few questions. First of all the large coins are 500 Yen or $5. The rings out of all one nice 22K. I went out yesterday again and found the following. The $1 is just for scale. 750Yen, Two nice Gold Bracelets, some hair thing. Not bad. I do like the idea, of that beach by Camp Hansen. I did take a run up there, I was just scouting. I have been using the Sea Hunter for all my finds. I am finally getting the hang of it. I will Post the picture on another topic.

M

minelabex1000

WOW!? :o? GREAT finds.

There are many such locations I'd love to hunt. These BIG finds remind me of what I've read it was like to search our beaches in the US back in the 50's. It would be something to go back in time to the 50's with a modern detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread