penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LOST RING

OK all you beach jewelry hunters. Received an email today from a young lady who lost her engagement ring at the beach. Here are the details:

Lost around 5 pm Saturday 7/11/15. About 15-20 feet out from the shoreline.

Picture attached.

A reward has been offered.

PM me for details.

Lost Ring Pompano Beach.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that its a public beach, but let's think about it ethically... I supplied information leading to its recovery... I also did this because I needed some lead on the internet to bring the ring back to me if its found
It really is my only shot at ever seeing the ring again. My fiancé told me he would just buy me another one. I could have just said "OK, baby!" Like some materialistic women I know. Truth is I don't need a replacement or the ring.... But I'm trying every last that I can to get it back, because I know how hard he worked for it. He picked this ring on his own.... I didn't go to the store and point out the one I liked. It means a lot to me that I get it back because I stupidly went in the water and lost it

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I'm going to be honest here... I'm a substitute teacher and student at FAU. I am not making a lot of money so upfront, all I can offer is $100. Once school starts I can pay out whatever you would have gotten had you sold it

I don't make a lot of money, and right now that school is out, i'm really not making money.

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is all totally at my loss.... But I am an honest woman and I honor my commitments. I also have stellar credit if it shows anyone anything. I pay what I owe
If you want more up front for finding it, please just leave it in the sand for someone else to find.

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And if it hasn't been found yet, could I ask that i'm given 3 months before anyone looks for it and claims it for themselves? After that its free hunting?

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And if $100 upfront isn't good enough, which I understand... I would be willing to sign on a notarized contract that the finder holds the ring for up to 3 months until I have the agreed upon payment.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hannah, 99.9% of our registered members would return it if it is found and you could identify it, but we have thousands of nonregistered members that we can't speak for.

When you post exactly where you lost a ring at a beach on a forum it is like posting in a local news paper "lost ring in grass in front bus stop......You told the world where it is..

If someone posts they found it on any of the 6 forums I'm on I will contact them and tell them I know how to contact owner...

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! I have someone that has been out the last 2 days looking for me. He told me today, that there were 2 gentlemen also combing the area. If you know who you are, could you please let me know if it was recovered? I would like to tell others to stop searching if it has been found. If you plan on selling, tell me who u sold it to so I can buy it back, please!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of times rings lost aren't found for months or years...

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
For what it's worth, hannahljmr, I really hope you get your ring back.

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys so much, I appreciate everyone's support and advice!

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We, the people, metal detect, to find treasures............need I say more? Oh yeah....loose lips, sink ships :laughing7:

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All they would get is whatever satisfaction they get out of keeping the symbol of another man's promise. Maybe some cash but nothing that I wouldn't be willing to pay.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hannahljmr,

I hope you get your ring back. I have returned numerous rings, and I know many on here, including penzfan and others would return it if found. I may be able to look for it this weekend. My understanding is its in the water, if I went out there I would like someone to show me where about it was lost. Water hunting is not something done by casual people who buy detectors, it takes commitment. If your item is in the water and is found, there are good odds they are on this forum, and good odds it will find its way back to you. I would not pay $100 up front, as you would go broke fast (there are many of us). Be patient. I found a ring for a lady two weeks ago, and it took me 9 hours of hunting in the Sea Grapes. Sea Grapes can be very dense, and not designed for humans to be mucking about in. The water is as difficult a place as any however. The better your understanding of where you lost it and the quicker action is taken, the better the potential outcome. Many people (perhaps even most) do not actually have a good understanding of where they lost their item. If your not sure of the exact spot, then don't assert so. Its important that a realistic area be searched and it can take quite some time and requires substantial cooperation from Mother Nature.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hannah, I hope that you find your ring. Wish I could be there to help. My only return so far was a high school ring I found at Pompano about 100 yards north of the pier. She lost it In waist deep water 5 days before I found it. It was just short of the high tide mark in the wet sand.

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks s.c. I love to hear about these returns. You guys are truly awesome! I really love history as well and have been thinking about saving up for a metal detector. New hobby????
I went back Sunday with my kids and fiancé. Got some GPS coordinates. It was low tide and it was killing me knowing I could be standing on top of it. Tried snorkeling and digging in the sand lol. Yep... No finds but a cool shell!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread