Using your phone while water hunting.

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have used the same bag for hotel key, ID, and a few pieces of folding money while detecting on my trips.
Never had a bit of leakage...I wish my waders were as good and lasted as long.
I just bought a bigger one that will hold the phone.
Thanks for the video.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Naztech case for my S4. It's good for 30 feet also and is small enough where I can still keep the phone in my pocket. Phone is still fully functional in this case, although, on speaker phone, there is a pretty good echo on the other end. The case came with a car and house charger too which was nice. I think it was about $45 or so. I've been using it a couple of years now without incident. Dropped the phone dozens of time and so far, (knock, knock) the phone and case have walked away with any damage. It has a tether eye in case you like to tie things to you.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Just be sure you check over that plastic case well before each future use, they cut very easily. I went to use mine the other day and found a small cut in the clear plastic.

Cliff

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just enjoy the quiet...... guess im old and retired. I dont mind being UNREACHABLE for a good part of the day, missing a photo shot, or asking to barrow someones cell phone for a real emergency.....everyone on the beach has one. They need to come out with a plug-in rottery phone for the car i guess lol.

Dew

OP
OP
ReidMan

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks pretty durable for plastic, I tried it in the water few days ago underwater for an hour or so no issues. But a check every couple uses would be a real good idea as the phone cost a pile. I was keeping it on a lanyard and tucked into
pouch but with all the sharp crab pot wire that might not be to good an idea. Might just click it to out side of pouch.

fredmxt

Greenie
Oct 26, 2010
selden
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
why don't they make one to enclose my whites mxt

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
I just enjoy the quiet...... guess im old and retired. I dont mind being UNREACHABLE for a good part of the day, missing a photo shot, or asking to barrow someones cell phone for a real emergency.....everyone on the beach has one. They need to come out with a plug-in rottery phone for the car i guess lol.

Dew

I also enjoy the cell separation! I have asked people for the time (before my CTX-3030) and once asked a young lady to text my better half to say I was running late.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread