Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday's Santa Monica finds

image.jpg Lighting and Thunder but only a few drops of rain. Got there at 6:00am. Mike with his 3030 and 17" coil was already eating up the wet sand. Another regular, Alan was also working the berms. Walking down over the berm to the wet sand got a banger that I thought was going to be a can and hit the phone on my first dig. Getting lucky on the first dig usually is the kiss of death for the rest of the day:laughing7: and that proved to be true. Gave Mike so room and tried hitting his worked area at another angle but after 10 minutes with just solid iron hits I moved to the south side of the pier. I know this is a no no but when there is lots of completion I usually pass up targets that I'm about 99% sure are zinc pennies. I'll dig the deep ones that max out the depth gauge even though I know it's a zinc but just can't let them go. Looked like someone threw zinc pennies on the south side. Ended up going back to the north side of the pier. Ended up with a small siver ring. I had to be home by 11am so I had to leave early. Gold has eluded me for about a month. :dontknow: but at least I got silver again:headbang:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randy, Don't know if you knew that a 24k gold ring or coin reads as a zincoln. Two of my friends found 24k one with a ring and the other with a 24k Buddah charm. I took their advice and found a Panda gold coin. Since then I never pass up any signal. Just for that reason. HH GFP
Jan 05 2014_2387_edited-1.JPG

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of good jewelry in the zinc range......dig-em!

OP
OP
Randyg12

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randy, Don't know if you knew that a 24k gold ring or coin reads as a zincoln. Two of my friends found 24k one with a ring and the other with a 24k Buddah charm. I took their advice and found a Panda gold coin. Since then I never pass up any signal. Just for that reason. HH GFP
View attachment 1189557
:laughing7: I knew this post was coming:laughing7: I hear you loud and clear! When I post my finds for today you'll see a lot of pennies too :laughing7: . Today not too many people swinging detectors so I took my time and was digging all non-ferrous targets. Got 4 foreign coins today and three came in like zincs. Got me a 14k gold band today too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread