XP Metal insiders news DEUS saltwater coil & 30FT Waterproof version coming up

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guys!

Had some news from XP Metal company, famous for there DEUS detector which is by far on of the best land detector available on the market.

1 - They are lunching in the following month (september/ october) a saltwater coil for their DEUS that will be enables the DEUS users to enjoy wet sand and surf detecting

2 - A waterproof version of the DEUS, 30FT down.... for the the end of the year!

Those 2 products will for sure represent the best of the best for every beach / underwater detectorist!

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waterproof Deus...you got my attention...never used one but have heard great things about the Deus...It might end up being the lightest water detector on the market.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if IT IS AS LIGHT AS LAND MODEL - LIGHT IS NOT ALWAYS GOOD - WAVES AND STRONG CURRENT WILL HAVE A FIELD DAY WITH IT -
I'LL KEEP MY CZ21 TANK -

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That r good news I was wondering when they will release some detector for this use , unfortunately i buy new 13'' coil last week since my old one stop working. I guess i will wait new deus to go out and then see to buy new coil or new machine. Anyway good info frogmaster.

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
if IT IS AS LIGHT AS LAND MODEL - LIGHT IS NOT ALWAYS GOOD - WAVES AND STRONG CURRENT WILL HAVE A FIELD DAY WITH IT -
I'LL KEEP MY CZ21 TANK -

Hi Casper,

Weight is not an issue of course and I already use carbon shaft for my DEUS as replacement of the stock shaft. It is less "designed" and "functional" but much more resistant.

I'm sure that using a carbon upgrade of their stock solution will solve 100% of the probable durability issue.

Concerning the detector side..... imagine having a DEUS in the wade or underwater:

=> all my actual detectors are available on ebay for auction!

Bye bye oldies, hello real performance and technology

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive heard good things about the Deus as well. This could be interesting to see if it can get the depth and still maintain the sensitivity to small gold its known for in salt water. Isnt it currently a single freq machine.......if so hows the waterproof coil going to make a difference in salt water? Sure its salt water and not just a WATER machine much like the AT Pro?

coin graboid

Jul 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xp deus on beach

hey frog just wondering if you have used the standard xp deus on saltwater beaches .i was wondering how it performs ?.

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
hey frog just wondering if you have used the standard xp deus on saltwater beaches .i was wondering how it performs ?.

No time t loose with the deus on saltwater.... I have a CTX 3030 and I almost never hunt in the dry sand...sometimes in the surf...but most of the time with scuba tanks.

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
No time t loose with the deus on saltwater.... I have a CTX 3030 and I almost never hunt in the dry sand...sometimes in the surf...but most of the time with scuba tanks.

Hi Frogmaster,
Just curious if you upgraded your O-Ring on the CTX? I am looking to replace my O-Ring, what size did you use if you did? Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what would the headphone situation be on an underwater Deus - are most wireless now ?
friends that I have hunted with have wireless I think

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
what would the headphone situation be on an underwater Deus - are most wireless now ?
friends that I have hunted with have wireless I think

You right ( excuse me you ARE ALWAYS RIGHT :laughing7:) Casper, DEUS is wireless.

I had this info buy 2 persons working @XP MEtal in France, both are detectorist and are sharing a few hunt with me during their vacation.

=> For the DEUS COIL, I bet they will place an antenna cable to bypass the water interference; this solution is already sold as an option.

=> for the complete waterproof version, I can't tell you.

I know wireless can work in fresh water on a short distance, but @ low TX speed. Now in saltwater it is almost impossible, so they will probbly use wires like they have on their GOLDMAXX

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
#10 #13

O-ring must be lubricated with silicone grease
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Gr...ring-Underwater-metal-detectors-/252036435664

7666455.jpg

Last edited:

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
The waterproof DEUS just rumour. The coming HF coil and V 4.0 software not work much better in saltwater than 3.2. This said Adny Sabisch when I asked he. :(
I hope the HF coil can sense better the small gold items, open earrings, chains, etc.. than current coils.

"The V4.0 update will not have any bearing on salt water beach operation . . . . it will have the same limitations as the V3.2 does; i.e., you need to drop sensitivity and alter your searech pattern to avoid teh chatter from black sand and salt water . . . unless you are in an area like Florida where there is no black sand.

The HF coils will be hot on small gold but with higher frequencies, you will get more feedback from the black sand / salt combination.

It will work and will be a killer in the dry sand / damp sand areas but it will not be a Minelab / Fisher CZ in terms of performance in the wet salt regions.

Andy "

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Given the limitations I think at this juncture it's going to be pretty darn difficult to improve on the overall reliability and performance of the Excal, especially once all of the aftermarket mods have been installed on the machine. If Minelab were to ever install these same mods and also a return signal boost on these machines I can't see how any other beach machine could even be in the same class.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why doesn't Minelab incorporate the mods into their base unit? Things like thumb pinpoint seem like a no-brainer?

Not sure what else you guys Mod on them other than Headphones/Coils? That I can understand as they are typically hard wired.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Why doesn't Minelab incorporate the mods into their base unit? Things like thumb pinpoint seem like a no-brainer?

Not sure what else you guys Mod on them other than Headphones/Coils? That I can understand as they are typically hard wired.

Straight Carbon Fiber shaft and a knob guard!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread