Shipwreck Silver Coin?

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any info on this coin from those who know would be appreciated. It was dads who has been gone 23 years. Not sure where he got it but I remember he had more than one, so far this is the only one I have found since my mom passed a few months ago. They lived in Florida since the 40s, first on the east coast and then on the west coast after 1956.... Thanks
> Sorry if posted in wrong section

Attachments

• P1000062.JPG
    P1000062.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 147
  • P1000063.JPG
    P1000063.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 154
  • P1000064.JPG
    P1000064.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 157
  • P1000061.JPG
    P1000061.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
We have some real smart guys and gals on this site. You will get an ID in the not too distant future.

Nice coin.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Any info on this coin from those who know would be appreciated. It was dads who has been gone 23 years. Not sure where he got it but I remember he had more than one, so far this is the only one I have found since my mom passed a few months ago. They lived in Florida since the 40s, first on the east coast and then on the west coast after 1956.... Thanks
> Sorry if posted in wrong section

These are not french coins. For me they are Spanish "real" probably , i am going to post them on a UK site with your permission...

FM

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandswimmer

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please do FR.
My dad was a lifeguard on Long Island before moving to Florida were he was one on Daytona and Cocoa Beach. He was always on the beach, boating or free dive spear fishing. I was born in 56 so I only remember what he did on the west coast when he would use a Hawaiian Sling to get grouper in the gulf. We were not well off so I doubt he bought the coins. I know he had a clump of them, maybe 4 or 5 stuck together he used as a paper weight on his desk, that's the one I would really like to find. Do you think this could have come from the East coast ship wrecks?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post it over in Shipwrecks Forum...you will get some good feedback there.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
He got he got it off where he used to live in ny. There's a wreck out there that produced them for a long time. Nice coin!!! Thanks for sharing. Hhgl-Joe

Please do FR.
My dad was a lifeguard on Long Island before moving to Florida were he was one on Daytona and Cocoa Beach. He was always on the beach, boating or free dive spear fishing. I was born in 56 so I only remember what he did on the west coast when he would use a Hawaiian Sling to get grouper in the gulf. We were not well off so I doubt he bought the coins. I know he had a clump of them, maybe 4 or 5 stuck together he used as a paper weight on his desk, that's the one I would really like to find. Do you think this could have come from the East coast ship wrecks?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread