TECH-AMPHIBIAN 3 Water Shoes

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a pair of these water shoes from my brother on my birthday, what a guy thinking of my passion with the beach.
About a half size larger to fit wearing my dive socks, they keep my feet warm in the cold spring fed lakes up north.
First time out went through the mucky area in a clay bottom lake; felt like they would suck off but didn't
Side adjusting straps kept them tight. if you get a sharp rock in them you might have to take one off to get it out.
I liked the sturdy soles for digging with the scoop shovel. Easy walk back to the car with no squishy dive boots full of water.
Second outing to the sandy volley ball tournament at the lake front. No socks and was filling all my holes with my feet.
Adjustable strap on right shoe to tight and rubbed ankle raw, loosened up and was fine the rest of the day, classy around the crowds.
In and out of the surf and they dry up quick and comfortable. put on several miles back and forth to the truck to dump trash and water up.
Third and forth time out to the lake they performed well and the sole hasn't started to separate from the scoop shovel like the dive boots did.

resizeImage

TECHAMPHIBIAN 3 - Salomon

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good for fresh - would not be for saltwater though

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good for fresh - would not be for saltwater though

Thats what I am thinking also. Plus, if you wear barefoot inside, the sand will pass through and eat your feet up.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what I am thinking also. Plus, if you wear barefoot inside, the sand will pass through and eat your feet up.
Ive known a few guys down there that would try wearing similar in Fla. waters - you get that rough coral laden sand in there and a few shells and will do a job on youre feet - I always wear some sort of sock with my dive boots - cold water dive sox in winter and something thinner in warm months - learned my lessons early on proper protection from cold, jelly fish, and coral,shell and rocky bottoms - etc.
Im very protective of my feet - stepped on a sting ray when I was a kid - horseshoe crab barb into my arch and a few broken bottles in my younger yrs
you will never catch me water hunting barefoot

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
AMEN to never going barefoot!

I know one detectorist that did in his very yonger days and he had been standing on fishing line...
snagged a treble hook between his toes...fell...drove himself to the doctor...had the hook cut and removed...
bandage...and went dancing that night...He also will never go barefoot again.

Just got a pair of Whitehorse Krokers with the M2 BOA ratchet lace system...NEAT, fast, and they will be very easy
to use in the colder months...no laces to tie or untie! Just twist a know to tighten and pull the knob and the laces are undone.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found the Mares 6.5mm hard bottom dive boots to be really great down here in Fl. Dry fast with out the smell you get from thinner ones too. Zipper keeps um tight and easy on and off. I was going thru 2 or 3 pairs of the regular dive boots because the scoop was tearing them up. The 6.5 also is more durable pulling them on and off. For around $50 good buy. I do think it was great he thought of you.

Attachments

• boot.JPG
    boot.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the ideas guys, I was really interested in those shoes, till I read down a bit further. I would want to use them in salt water, so guess the boots would be the best bet. Did get a pair of dive boots but not the heavy sole ones. the thinner sole was more comfortable, but I do see the value in a thicker sole.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that the absolute very best boot is a fly fishing boot. When worn with light neoprene socks, they provide extreme protection and stability. Shop Cabela's or BassPro's bargain basements, or go for the gold and buy a sweet pair of Simms. Not cheap, but they'll last for years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread