Found a pair of Maui Jim shades.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Thought I got skunked today until I got home and cleaned up the pair of shades I found. Looked online at Cabelas and these ones are the Makaha going for $190.00. They are in perfect shape too. No scratches. Oh and they were an eyeball find, just laying on the shoreline. Guy obviously lost em swimming. That's # 7 pair for the year. I've found other expensive name brands but not in this good of shape. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438038028.311070.jpg

Upvote 0

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Found some Oakley's and costa del mars the other day. Oakley's scratched but not the Costa's. They were listed for $190. I'll send the Oakley's in and have lens replaced. Cost about $60. Amazing how much quality sunglasses go for!

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Thanks! Yeah amazing what they go for and what people are willing to pay. Unreal. I thought it was just the gold on the beach. Now that I'm becoming more knowledgable with the names in designer shades.,,they're just like finding gold too at that price!

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the shades.... I eyeballed my Costas I wear now one morning on the bottom in three feet of water. Always better to see them first than put the scoop to them.
They retailed for $280.00, were my style and nice, but the lens were lightly scratched in some spots. I wore them for sometime and one day dropped them and shattered a lens. Their web page for repair instructed to pre pay $12.50 to receive mailing order, any additional cost you would be notified. They came back with new lenses, rubber, and a floating cord. No extra charge

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I got skunked today until I got home and cleaned up the pair of shades I found. Looked online at Cabelas and these ones are the Makaha going for $190.00. They are in perfect shape too. No scratches. Oh and they were an eyeball find, just laying on the shoreline. Guy obviously lost em swimming. That's # 7 pair for the year. I've found other expensive name brands but not in this good of shape. View attachment 1192476
Nice score...I saw how much those were selling for a while back and told my wife I need to find me some Maui Jims...I found a pair of Ray Bans a couple of months ago and got $60 for them on E bay.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
That's sweet guys! Thanks for your comments. Good to know they don't cost much to get repaired.

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the super nice find. I own a pair of Maui Jim aviators that I paid $183 for back in 2001 or 02.... something like that. I know I'd be gutted if I ever lost them. I wore them fishing once or twice but I was so nervous about losing them or dropping them that I never did that again. Now I wear them only while driving 8-)

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are very nice! Not many on the beach's I hunt for some reason...

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I eye balled a pair yesterday but mine were junk :dontknow: Nice save!!!:headbang:

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Cool find Irish. I've found Persol's, Caribbean Sun, Maui's and Costa's recently. Just sent the Maui's in with $10 to have new lenses installed. The rest sold on eBay...GL

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are very nice! Not many on the beach's I hunt for some reason...
They are there, you just don't realize it because your too busy pulling gold rings out of your scoop.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Thanks guys! Appreciate the positive posts and info. I definitely will be more careful scooping up shades now knowing that their is some pretty valuable ones to be found. Good luck guys!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread