Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Go Find 60
Land and Sea Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
During my SCUBA diving trip to Croatia, I recovered almost 100 EURO in Croatian Kuna, that NO ONE including the banks would take because the coins were "destroyed".

I took those coins back to Germany with me, put them in my reloading case tumbler, added some Flitz Metal Polish to the tumbling media, ran the tumbler for 8 hours and WOW! Wait until you see how bright and shiny those "destroyed" coins are!

I can't wait for my next trip to Croatia in August so I can spend them!

NOTICE! DO NOT USE THIS TECHNIQUE ON "COLLECTIBLE" COINS! IT WILL DAMAGE THE COIN'S VALUE!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your video said you put them in the for an hour, but, your post says 8 hours. Which is correct? Did you add anything else to the prepared media? Water or dry?

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice vid. I'll use my brass tumbler once in awhile to clean my beach coins. Works pretty good too.

OP
OP
ODA 226

ODA 226

Jan 5, 2014
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Go Find 60
Land and Sea Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your video said you put them in the for an hour, but, your post says 8 hours. Which is correct? Did you add anything else to the prepared media? Water or dry?

In the vid, I said one hour, but it took eight to fully remove all the tarnish and muck from the coins. The results in the vid were with no additives to the media, however now, I'm adding one ounce of Flitz Metal Polish to the media to really shine up the coins! Keep everything DRY! Have fun! Cheers!

OP
OP
ODA 226

ODA 226

Jan 5, 2014
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Go Find 60
Land and Sea Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice vid. I'll use my brass tumbler once in awhile to clean my beach coins. Works pretty good too.

I think it's the most economical way of cleaning coins that are of no collectors value. It cleans them quickly and puts them back into spending condition.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After seeing this thread I tossed my entire jar of very badly corroded clad into my Harbor Freight vibration tumbler (the big one) with a bunch of dry crushed walnut shells.

I left them over night and when I pulled them out they look almost new!

yay for zero effort!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Good Video.. Thanks for Sharing!

You guys are lucky, mine take me a good hour just to get the cookie off of them...then they need tumbled and rinsed several times before they even have a chance of looking normal.

cookie off and still need tumbled OBN0352.jpg

fresh dug................................ OBN0353.jpg

OP
OP
ODA 226

ODA 226

Jan 5, 2014
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
Garrett Pro Pointer AT