Dry Sand Pull To You Scoop Recommendation ?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I USE AN RTG TRAVEL MODEL
rtgbbtv6big.jpg
WILL SEND YOU LINK WITH MY ARTICLE ON SCOOPS

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rtg makes various pull type dry sand scoops. Check them out.

Lats

Jan 17, 2015
Westchester, NY
Detector(s) used
White Surf Dual PI, Ace250 with Double D Coil, Stealth 720i Hybrid, Beachmaster, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have the RTG kick it aluminum sand scoop with the curved handle. Found it easier to hold and can use it also like a cane when I'm walking in deep sand.

OP
OP
S

SocalJim

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys I also have the RTG travel scoop. I use a pull type scoop in the dry sand and I'm looking for one that's a little more durable. After a couple of years the first two have failed breaking around the handle where it's welded to the basket. If you find a deep target and the sand becomes wet the scoops flex and in time fail. I guess the next step would be to try a stainless model but thought I'd look for some user input beforehand. So I'm looking for some opinions from members who also use this type scoop and their recommendations or dislikes Thanks again Jim

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
If you're truly looking for something heavy duty that you'll only have to buy one time in your life because it's tough as a tank and guaranteed for life, Stealth Scoops are the ticket. I own both the 720i and the 920iX and can vouch for both without any reservation whatsoever.

Stealth beach scoop

Other than the Stealth Scoops, one of the RTG stainless steel scoops might fit your needs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SocalJim

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull To Me Sand Scoop

If you're truly looking for something heavy duty that you'll only have to buy one time in your life because it's tough as a tank and guaranteed for life, Stealth Scoops are the ticket. I own both the 720i and the 920iX and can vouch for both without any reservation whatsoever.

Stealth beach scoop

Other than the Stealth Scoops, one of the RTG stainless steel scoops might fit your needs.

ScoopsUnlimSm.jpg There seems to be some confusion as to my request a pull scoop is as pictured you pull the scoop towards you to retrieve the target. Don't get me wrong here I appreciate every ones input but I searched for posts on the dry sand pull scoops and came away wanting more info, there's more than enough on wet sand scoops. So that's the type I'm going to buy I'd just like to know in advance it will last. I like my RTG travel scoop the construction is top notch but the pull scoops they sell don't look to be reinforced like others are around the connection to the basket. Thanks again Jim

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Stealth scoops too. Very well built.

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a stealth love it lifetime warrenty with it

OP
OP
S

SocalJim

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$_57.JPG
Ok I have this one from the Ukraine 74$ 100 with shipping VERY strong and well made If you would like larger holes he has a hexagon cut with larger holes for about ten dollars more. His user name is on photo. This type of scoop is bulky, heavy and overkill for dry sand hunting but it's nice to know every ones preferences but I think it's the wrong tool for the job sort of like using a sledge to pound a nail, to each their own right.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SocalJim hit the nail on the head regarding a "pull to you scoop". RTG makes several pull back scoops in a variety of materials

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread