BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've had mine for almost a month and LOVE it! My only complaint is it is hard to swing in water using the stock coil. Congrats on the new addition! Let's us know how your hunts go with the 3030. My 1st trip to the beach produced 2 rings. That is VERY good compared to my average take.

I see you liked your service from Kelly. I too had exceptional service from Bart at BigBoyHobbies.net. He was very helpful answering my questions. They are also there for after the sale assistance! Not to hijack, but to inform others that there are many helpful MD businesses.

Last edited:

FloridaGoldDigger

Oct 8, 2012
West Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Excalibur II, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
I've had mine for almost a month and LOVE it! My only complaint is it is hard to swing in water using the stock coil. Congrats on the new addition! Let's us know how your hunts go with the 3030. My 1st trip to the beach produced 2 rings. That is VERY good compared to my average take.

I see you liked your service from Kelly. I too had exceptional service from Bart at BigBoyHobbies.net. He was very helpful answering my questions. They are also there for after the sale assistance! Not to hijack, but to inform others that there are many helpful MD businesses.

I just purchased a CTX3030 yesterday from Bart....Great guy!

It's on the way home, questions is...where is the wife going to sleep now...lol. :hello2:

Last edited:

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Super nice machine. Golden oaks was kind enough to let me test drive his and I was REALLY impressed by it :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Well, I took it to the beach today for a test run for a few hrs. What a different machine. I can't say that I like it better than the Excal yet though. With the excal, you KNOW when you have a target. With my ctx it was "weird". Gonna take some getting used to that's for sure. I'm sure once I get a handle on it it'll be a monster. For now I'm a 13 yr old at a Jr High Graduation dance looking for some tail and not knowing what I'll do if I get it.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You two new CTX guys, keep the faith. It's a great machine.

Don't get in any hurry, just turn it on and go hunting. Listen to the sounds and only look at the VDI when you really think you've hit a good target. Get your ears in tune.

After you've learned the sounds and relate to the VDI, then you can start playing. Read the User Manual through twice. If you go too quickly with it you'll only frustrate yourself.

Plenty tips on TNet from experienced users. I'm learning myself :) You'll find good downloads here, like an instruction manual :)

Minelab Product Manuals | Minelab Knowledge Base

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Well, I took it to the beach today for a test run for a few hrs. What a different machine. I can't say that I like it better than the Excal yet though. With the excal, you KNOW when you have a target. With my ctx it was "weird". Gonna take some getting used to that's for sure. I'm sure once I get a handle on it it'll be a monster. For now I'm a 13 yr old at a Jr High Graduation dance looking for some tail and not knowing what I'll do if I get it.

Crank your gain. It's easy machine once you have it and really test out some settings.

i use 4 tone combined with ferrous coin. Recovery deep. The machines fast enough.

Sensitivity up near 30 or close as possible.

Me me I use relic pattern 2 as main and go by tone. I dig it all for most part.

Read ad manual cover to cover. It goes without saying.

gasket...stocks not water proof. Don't dunk it until you get a better gasket.

Machines awesome youll love it hhgl-Joe

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Thx. I already did the o ring mods for the water and bought a minelab harness. The 3030 isn't light. Esp with the 17" coil. I wanted to go out today but after 3 hrs yesterday I woke up with numb arms and am simply wiped out today. Harness isn't here yet.

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
Thx. I already did the o ring mods for the water and bought a minelab harness. The 3030 isn't light. Esp with the 17" coil. I wanted to go out today but after 3 hrs yesterday I woke up with numb arms and am simply wiped out today. Harness isn't here yet.

Bart and Evan have some awesome programs for the CTX, they helped tremendously on the learning curve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread