NEL 15" Attack coil for excal or sovereign

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439003734.282132.jpg

Testing is complete and very impressive!

Deeper, more sensitive and stable then the WOT. Very impressive compared to the stock 10" for water hunting and smokes the WOT everywhere

A limited amount available until the next shipment in the next few weeks. Get them while they're hot!

Upvote 0

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which attack coil works on the excal ll ? havnt seen one made for the excal

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just coming out.
Not available everywhere yet but I'm installing for the dealer/distributor.

Here's the test video

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder why they went with the PRO style rather than their narrow? To answer your question, the Sov coil will work on the Excal. Is this the one TH was talking about coming out? I guess you can only squeeze so much out of a 10 or 12" coil.... but thats a big coil in the water. Are they going to make that for the CTX as well?

Dew

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What is the price and will it work with the 1000? How is the weight?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the price and will it work with the 1000? How is the weight?
Any coil that works on the Excal II works on the old excal 1000 and 800s. Any coil that works on Sovereign works on Excal.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just coming out.
Not available everywhere yet but I'm installing for the dealer/distributor.

Here's the test video

I didn't see a side by side comparison to the WOT. How much extra depth were you getting on any particular target? You were finding small targets deeper too? (is this what you mean by more sensitive?)

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
NEL 15" Attack coils available if anyone's interested. Stable and deep for water hunting.
Much deeper then the WOT and runs smooth in the water. Pulls deep targets in comparison to my dualfield pi.
Very impressive hunting on these sanded in beaches of south Florida. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439423704.766294.jpg
ATTACH]1198661[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439423601.021489.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439423601.021489.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 257

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
my 15" WOT on the excal 1000 will go deeper than I care to dig... I'd be much more interested in a comparison with the WOT 15 and the one your showcasing. With the 10" your just comparing apples to oranges.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been compared already with the WOT and out performs the it on depth and more importantly on stability out in the surf.
Wot waterhunting, sensitivity 2
NEL coil runs the sensitivity on 6-8. Auto mode in pinpoint all metal.
Depth between the two the NEL smokes it.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
NEL coil runs the sensitivity on 6-8. Auto mode in pinpoint all metal.
That's strange for the PP mode should be more stable.. I did notice in the video he was running Auto, which is a no..no with the excalbur for finding gold with the stock coils.. and yet it nailed the gold ring fairly deep with the NEL. Must be some major changes to the preamp in the big coil... keep us informed LIR

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
That's strange for the PP mode should be more stable.. I did notice in the video he was running Auto, which is a no..no with the excalbur for finding gold with the stock coils.. and yet it nailed the gold ring fairly deep with the NEL. Must be some major changes to the preamp in the big coil... keep us informed LIR

That is interesting not to use the auto mode for gold. Could you explain why not? I'm curious to know why. The directions say you can. I run in the manual mode but I would like to know about the auto mode now that I read your post,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hows the weight ?
Hows the water cut compared to 10 and WOT ?

Sens never goes below 7 on my 10... ever... And I push sens levels most would not believe.
Your cord is causing interference IMO.
Cord interference is the most common cause of "lower" sens levels. btw

Good vid btw.

test link you may want to read/view - NEL metal detector search coils for minelabs

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Looks awesome.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty low for a WOT.... cant most run around 4 sensitivity in disc without over powering the coil here in FL? Thats pretty impressive if you can run that high of sensitivity with that coil.... even here in FL. Now explain running in auto in PP? To much mineral noise with the salt water rushing over the coil? Otherwise i run just out of auto with the 10". That swooooosh doesnt bother me. Hows the PPing? Thats why i ask about it not being a narrower coil.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That is interesting not to use the auto mode for gold. Could you explain why not? I'm curious to know why. The directions say you can. I run in the manual mode but I would like to know about the auto mode now that I read your post,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Auto Gives up depth and sensitivity to keep it stable. It is set up to adjust with slack in the rope so it will run smoother but costing sensitivity to all targets... But I do advice any one hunting OCMD to run Auto....:laughing7:

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The weight of the coil if I am not mistaken is 1lbs 9 oz and surprisingly light for it's size.

Not saying I hunt in auto all the time just stating that I can run the full dial even in auto in pinpoint. Lol

Older model WOTs can run a bit higher but 2-3 is the norm for the newer WOTs as something's gone wrong with production.

Disc mode runs smooth at 6-8 on sensitivity dependent on the beach, ie
Black sand ect. In the water.
Higher sensitivity and deeper on the wet sand and dry.

Pinpoint is more stable. Must have just been my wording.

Bottom line is testing is showing this coil to be more sensitive then the 10" coil and deeper also. That's what I've observed and others may feel different but I do see enhanced performance over the stock excal coil without loosing sensitivity. If anything it seems to be more sensitive.

The coil is labeled boost and maybe they did boost or amplify within the coil...who knows! I don't have the specs on this BBS coil as of now but it seems to be the obvious choice, at least for me on sensitivity, stability, and depth out in the surf.

Can't wait to see your feedback on one Joe OBN as we all value your opinion.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439819551.640814.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439819587.839865.jpg

Thead

Jul 16, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, Surf PI Pro, BeachHunter ID, Sovereign GT and Excalibur 1000 (my favorite)
Primary Interest:
The weight of the coil is 720g (1.59 pounds) per the NEL website. That is the weight without the coil cover.

Attack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread