Refurbished CZ 21 - Should I Avoid These Units?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking of calling Felix at Fisher. He could tell us what all is re-used when converting a Cz-20 to a 21. I am looking at a couple too but really want the 8" coil not a 10.5

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like anything that's refurbished if the manufacture is giving a warranty on them it seems it would be ok. That would mean they are guaranteeing it should work and giving you a price break to boot. If it is not the manufacture that is offering the refurbished units I would be a little leery.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had my cz20 - converted to cz21 - works just fine
so do my other 2 cz21s

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problems with the Fisher factory conversions.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like anything that's refurbished if the manufacture is giving a warranty on them it seems it would be ok. That would mean they are guaranteeing it should work and giving you a price break to boot. If it is not the manufacture that is offering the refurbished units I would be a little leery.

That would be great IF First Texas warranties were transferable, but they are not. I could be wrong because that we're giving a transferable warranty on upgraded T2's and F-75's, but those are the only exceptions I know of.
I bought a used Tesoro freshwater machine one time, that the coil went bad on as soon as I took it to 10 feet underwater. It has made me leery about used water machines.

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IM told you might be better off with a refurbished because they are retuned and individually looked at. Some of the 21s come off the line....... not quite tuned the same. Fisher fixes about anything during that in shop time as well.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Find out when he did the upgrade. Did he upgrade a cz21 as stated? Sounds like he upgraded cz20 to a 21. I would ask when the upgrade was done and what was done, which can be confirmed with repairYou can return items if they are misrepresented in spite of a sellers no return policy.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I always hit wrong button and post before I finish. If it was refurbished recently should be good as new.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
@Escape

If your unsure, don't buy. Don't buy with the anticipation of an item not as described claim. I wish people would not do that.

As as an ebayer it's very difficult. I looked at the listing there is nothing misrepresented. Because of people that do this I had to put a clause in every item description that covers that stuff.

Try listening and selling lots of items and you'll have an appreciation for that.

The claim system is more for people who advertise a real work of art and ship a reprint.

@op yes it's fine. Fisher refurbished products get royal treatment. There is a way to check too!!! Contact the seller for the serial number. Fisher has excellent records and will more then likely be able to verify service. Hh gl-Joe

Find out when he did the upgrade. Did he upgrade a cz21 as stated? Sounds like he upgraded cz20 to a 21. I would ask when the upgrade was done and what was done, which can be confirmed with repairYou can return items if they are misrepresented in spite of a sellers no return policy.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anyone know how much it costs to get the upgrade from cz20 to cz21? Also, how long does it take?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always hit wrong button and post before I finish. If it was refurbished recently should be good as new.

You can hit edit and add to your post after it was first posted to thread....Just so you know..

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Does anyone know how much it costs to get the upgrade from cz20 to cz21? Also, how long does it take?

last I heard 300$ and a few weeks...

probably more ore then a few weeks probably a more like 6-8.

OP
OP
C

certman68

Aug 10, 2015
Florida Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
CZ-21
Primary Interest:
I'm thinking of calling Felix at Fisher. He could tell us what all is re-used when converting a Cz-20 to a 21. I am looking at a couple too but really want the 8" coil not a 10.5

I called Felix today. This unit I was looking at was refurbished in 2012 but has no warranty. He mentioned that this unit has the board, gaskets, battery box, and coil upgraded and was re-calibrated.

He mentioned that they do have refurbished units for sale at times. You'd need to contact Valerie at extension 174. Currently they have no refurbished CZ's in stock. She said they typically get them in on a quarterly basis.

They have three condition levels. "A" is the best, followed by "B" and "C". "C" will have some scratches on it.

Price wise the discounts off list are 45% for "A", 50% for "B" and 55% for "C". Substantial! Refurbished units come with a one year warranty.

Felix and Valerie were AWESOME. Great customer service. Hope this info helps anyone looking for a unit.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher Customer Service
call and ask for Felix he should be able to answer all your questions
time will depend on how busy they are - got mine back in under 3 weeks

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$300...two weeks.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I dealt with Felix recently. His customer service skills and support are outstanding!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread