LOW TIDE HUNT

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early yesterday morning the tide was a minus tide. Managed to get there while it was still out. Did a grid by the pier using my etrac in the wet. Then the cuff broke. You would think Minelab would have made the cuff out of metal instead of plastic. High dollar machine with cheap cuff. It broke right after I found the 14k gold ring. It read a solid 12/9 with every swing. I dug and dumped the sand , kicked it and saw the ring shine off my head lamp. Ross was not far away and saw me doing the happy dance. then I had to walk back to van to get my PI Pro. The rest of the finds were with it. A lot more digging, a lot more bobby pins, bottle tops, tin foil all the usual stuff. Along with the watch, silver ankle bracelet and $7.74 in change. All of the toys I find go to my wife who teaches less fortunate kids. She takes the bag to school having separated the girl toys from the boy toys and has them close their eyes and reach in. They have to take what they pull out. Kind of makes the hobby worth while knowing that you have helped so many people. HH All GFP I did order a new cuff off ebay that is metal thanks to Chris. THANKS FOR LOOKING 08 13 15_0029_edited-1.JPG

Upvote 0

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You & your wife are doing a great thing by recycling the toys! :thumbsup:

Sorry about your equipment troubles! Hopefully it's only a minor set back and you'll get back to the pier and collect what you left out there!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Hunt! Sorry about your machine.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pete - Do you use the strap on your cuff?

Oh, and BTW - great what you do for the kids!!!!! :notworthy:

OP
OP
G

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pete - Do you use the strap on your cuff?

Oh, and BTW - great what you do for the kids!!!!! :notworthy:

yes I do.. I noticed that it was bending a little with each swing just before it snapped. Long walk back and couldn't swing it right..

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Pete, congrats on the gold ring find!

I'm sorry about the cuff break, but glad that it broke AFTER you found the 14K!:thumbsup:

I worked several years with less fortunate children , and it was such a rewarding job; you wife's idea of giving out the separated toys is great ! She sounds like a terrific teacher!:hello2:

Lorraine

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I do.. I noticed that it was bending a little with each swing just before it snapped. Long walk back and couldn't swing it right..

I don't use the strap and have found that it works great. I believe the strap puts un-needed pressure on the cuff, causing it to snap off. My cuff broke years ago and I replaced it.
Took the strap off and haven't had an issue since. Good Luck!

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul Pete!!! You must be getting there early if you need a headlamp:thumbsup: I use to swing a CZ 7A pro at one time. The control box slipped onto the upper shaft on a flat piece of plastic and locked in. I broke off the flat plastic part where the control box locked onto it while I was in knee deep water at Zuma some years back. At least you had another detector in the car, I didn't. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread