An Analysis of Ring Finds by Florida Rob (2010-2015)

certman68

Aug 10, 2015
Florida Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I thought you all might be interested in this analysis I did based on Florida Rob's ring finds. I'm not sure if Florida Rob is on this board or not but I came across his website last month as I began to educate myself on the hobby. Florida Rob's website has great pictures of his ring finds and had data about when they were found, generally where and the metal composition of each ring. I hope this is interesting and helpful. Thanks to Florida Rob for the inspiration and great web site.

I extracted that data from his website and created a few graphs to get an idea of how often Rob found rings, where they were found, etc.

This first graph shows the rings he found by year, location found and type. (click on the graphs to make them bigger).

Let's look at 2010 as an example
- In this year Rob found 14 rings. 5 were 925 silver, 4 were gold, 2 were of a type not specified, 2 were non precious and 1 was an "other" type of silver.
- 3 were found at the beach, 1 was found at a lake, 2 at an unspecified location, 6 at a park and 2 at an "other" location.

CKwriT3.jpg

Since this sub forum is about the beach and shallow water, the following graph shows only those found at the beach according to the information on his site. The colors represent the metal type.

fSp894O.jpg

Let me know if you have questions. I'm happy to answer them with the data if possible. If you have this type of data for your own finds I'm also happy to run a few charts for you.

Happy hunting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had that much time to do anything =P

Very neat, and his website is fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Enjoyed looking at his rings, thanks for sharing...And I agree with Bb on the time thing... just posting can be time consuming..

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting beach finds graph. I have to say it seems to generally corresponds to my east coast finds. 2013 was my best year to date. There seemed to be lots of erosion and deep cuts on the beach that year.

OP
OP
C

certman68

Aug 10, 2015
Florida Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Interesting beach finds graph. I have to say it seems to generally corresponds to my east coast finds. 2013 was my best year to date. There seemed to be lots of erosion and deep cuts on the beach that year.

Oooh that's interesting. Thanks for sharing. Part of me wishes there was more data like Rob's to analyze, the other part just loves the mystery of it all. Looking at the data would cut into my hunting time too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread