lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi:hello:,

Muggy, and hot this morning, but I got out for 1 1/2 hours today as the low tide was coming in, but plenty of wet area to cover.

Had reconnoitered this particular area two days ago, and it was overloaded with bathers so I thought it might give up some treasures.

Wish I had more time because I go slowly and lowly, but I did manage to find some silver jewelry;

The 18" necklace with ornate pendant was found about 8" down in the mud; the chain was unclasped , but still attached to the pendant; the chain links are tiny and look like tiny square blocks; there is an ornate pattern on the pendant, and in the recessed center is a small ( Moissanite tested) stone.

Interesting to me is that the little center stone is set on a movable small bar....like a swing; never saw one like it.

The 925 silver pendant/ chain is a combo of ITALY & THAILAND as you will see in the photos.

The silver earring with the large stone ( also Moissanite tested) is a 1st for me..been waitin' a long time to find one like this....there is no marking, but it tested silver with acid kit. I think maybe the 925 marking is on the attaching piece that fell off.

Although large,the earring was difficult to see amid the turned over mud from the scoop, but I just kept following that high sound.:headbang:

Here's some pics; the close up of the pendant looks like it is dirty in the bottom, but it is a shadow that gives that impression; I'm not so good at photograpy :>(

Thanks for looking

Got to get back to that area soon.

Lorraine

DSCF3511.JPG

DSCF3512.JPG

DSCF3514.JPG

DSCF3515.JPG
DSCF3513.JPG

DSCF3516.JPG

Chain is marked 925 ITALY
DSCF3517.JPG

Last edited: