Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to my beach that is modern mixed with Spanish/Native American today. I pulled up my second silver turtle! It was a whisper at first on the sand shark and must have been at least 18-24 inches in the hard pack. I also found a tiny piece of silver that may be a cob and is that section for identification. I also found my second piece of copper bead like thing which I really don't know if it is modern or artifact. Lastly, I have a few coins cleaning up in vinegar that may turn out to be more of the silver coins I have been finding. When I pulled up that turtle my hands started shaking. I found the light colored one three years ago. Thanks for looking!

IMG_0956.JPG IMG_0955.JPG IMG_0957.JPG IMG_0966.JPG IMG_0962.JPG DSC_0146.JPG DSC_0147.JPG DSC_0134.JPG DSC_0133.JPG DSC_0142.JPG DSC_0141.JPG

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep us informed, my silver here is the same..very crusty....love to see all cleaned...

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Crispin, I'm jealous! :laughing7: I can't find a silver turtle on any of the beaches here, and I've been lookin' for one for many years.

It's on my "Bucket List", and I'm still hoping to find one before I "throw the towel in"

Congrats on fine detecting

Keep 'em comin'...wouldn't it be amazing if you found another silver ( or maybe gold ) turtle"!

Lorraine

certman68

Aug 10, 2015
Florida Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Crispin, I'm jealous! :laughing7: I can't find a silver turtle on any of the beaches here, and I've been lookin' for one for many years.

It's on my "Bucket List", and I'm still hoping to find one before I "throw the towel in"

Congrats on fine detecting

Keep 'em comin'...wouldn't it be amazing if you found another silver ( or maybe gold ) turtle"!

Lorraine

Clue me in. What's the deal with the silver turtle?

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin,
Your copper bead like thing...most likely piece of broken fishing swivel.
Have found many down here on the beaches also.
Trez fish swivel.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread