Not much going on at the beach this morning for me...just clads and a junk ring

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
which I gave to a youngster who was following me around.

It was a pretty ring and in good condition; a few minutes after I found it, I buried it in the sand , then acted surprised that I had hit a tone; let him listen to the tone and dig the ring up; the look on his face was priceless!:headbang:

Anyway, no need to post pics of quarters and pennies, but here's a pic of "His Highness, King Henry, " who accompanied me to the beach and had a great time just relaxing as he waited ( great guy) for me to enjoy my hobby for about an hour.

This is one of my favorite beaches that has been good to me in the past, but has been lazy with the treasures lately:icon_scratch:

Of course, we had to head for a near-by golf course after the detecting..... & there I waited for an hour with a newspaper to keep me company.:laughing7:

Thanks for reading my post and looking at the pic.

Good luck to everyone out there...

Lorraine DSCF3517.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Company for a Great day!! Don't you love the little kids when you give them the junk treasures.. they look at you for a second then take off to show there parents the Booty...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you guys had a great day...the key to a great relationship...give and take. :icon_thumright:

certman68

Aug 10, 2015
Florida Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Don't feel bad. I spent 5 hours out this AM and came back with less than 50 cents and a weird hair clip. Still had a great time thanks to the company. I think I was covering the same ground @lookindown covered the day before. Not a signal to be heard other than iron. Weather and water was awesome and I'm sure I lost a pound or two.

"Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get" :laughing7:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Quality-

The heck with quantity...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorraine I think you wrecked another kids life by introducing him to treasure hunting.:laughing7: I love doing it too.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't feel bad. I spent 5 hours out this AM and came back with less than 50 cents and a weird hair clip. Still had a great time thanks to the company. I think I was covering the same ground @lookindown covered the day before. Not a signal to be heard other than iron. Weather and water was awesome and I'm sure I lost a pound or two.

"Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get" :laughing7:

Dig the iron... it was an iron box filled with gold coins. :P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quality-

The heck with quantity...

GIB... YOU ARE... abso-friggin-lutely right !...

I could not agree more !...

I would much rather dig 1 Corona cap... or 1 Heineken cap... than dozens of crap beer caps. :P

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sending you some luck for your next time out
75631.jpg

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what we like to see and hear! You and the King enjoying what you do best. Caring and putting a smile on the little one's. :occasion14: :occasion14:

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Don't feel lonesome I spent a morning this weekend and the pics wouldnt be worth the time Lorraine, but it was a great sunrise and some much needed exercise.

I did dig a 4" steel chain "S" hook...thought it was a can for sure...arrrghhh

Cant wait for the heat to go away!!!! HH

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Thats real cool of u Lorraine to share the excitement with the little one. Hank looks all healed up. An hour at the course. Sounds like someone is back to hittin balls. I have the addiction of both hobbies. I twitch when im around sand traps. And i twitch when i see golf balls at the bottom of the ocean. Oh well they are both great hobbies. Heres to more treasures. I mean memories.

sent from a sending device

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Another kid hooked on the hobby. Good work Lori

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Thanks for sharing your wonderful day! It's not all about the find as much as the treasures you already have near you! It was very nice of you to take the time to share our hobby with the kid. I usually give away the toys I find right away and 3 times recently, I have shown kids the coins I have dug. ...all 3 times they take the coin and either say thanks, or one boy just ran to Mom with the dime. :dontknow: Anyway, it's nice to have someone to share your hobby & adventure that will spend the time out in nature with you!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you introduced another child to metal detecting. I have a habit of putting my head phones on other people and let them swing my detector when I'm able to go and have time and it always gets a positive response even if nothing is under the coil but junk. King Henry looks like he is responding to your royal treatment and glad both of you had a great day.

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
You've got a good heart Lorraine for taking the time to make that kids day!
We all know what he'll be saving his allowance for now!

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out just like one of those little fellows back in late 60's following some old timer with a metal detector around.
I was hooked for life; when I look back, I didn't turn out so bad after all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread