Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
015.JPG 021.JPG 022.JPG 023.JPG 025.JPG 031.JPG 033.JPG

Out doing a little weekend camping in Carpinteria, boy was it hot! Got out this morning while the moon was just hangin' low shooting a beam across the water. Nothing spectacular but one of those hunts where you do a lot of digging. The beach was packed wall to wall on Saturday. We thought Sunday morning there might be some fresh drops. Beach was sanded in but worked the high tide line and some small cuts where all the clad was found. Got a pair of 925 earrings and a small 925 ring. Spied some paper money I'm calling it a "Cash Spill" :laughing7: for six bucks. The little charm I'm not sure about...green stone, looks old? The trash in the picture is only a quarter of what I dug. Dumped my pocket out twice before I got back....We had a great time............Good Luck Out There

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great pics, wildcarrot:headbang:

You found some really nice treaures; $6.00 and lots of clad...great job!

Continued success!

Lorraine

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice little hunt. I find a lot of earrings but never a matching set. Good photos.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Not missing anything around here. Hoped larger waves (2/3 instead of 1 foot) and big tides would do something. More flat sanded conditions each day. Usual few coins and trash. This year has been awful. Hope some erosion starts in a month or two. Found some cuts but just into sterile sand. Did find a full unopened beer can. Better than a zinclon any day.

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that old hand made pendent! Thanks for cleaning the beach!:laughing7: A popular family beach lots of trash and deep sand... gold sinks fast!
Lived in Carp for 9 years just a stones throw from the beach! Great times!
Can't wait for AVO FESTIVAL!!!

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That cash beats the crap outta digging 600 pennies. Nice finds.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
thanx for posting wild-carrot. Love the "in-situ" pix of the beach. That "cut" is pretty wimpy looking. Ie.: very isolated, short, and doesn't slope off from there to any substantial degree. But you know the drill: Even if it only produces recently lost clad, then as long as mother nature has grouped targets, there's always the odds of a gold ring eventually in your scoop. So as much as I detest clad, yet on the beach after erosion, I'm game to dig it :)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Nice finds. Not missing anything around here. Hoped larger waves (2/3 instead of 1 foot) and big tides would do something. More flat sanded conditions each day. Usual few coins and trash. This year has been awful. Hope some erosion starts in a month or two. Found some cuts but just into sterile sand. Did find a full unopened beer can. Better than a zinclon any day.

Good post Josh. You're right: Any little cuts we've gotten up here, is ONLY because the beaches are SSSOOOO sanded in, that the slightest bump makes little "whip cream" like cuts. That don't produce much. This is what happens after extended periods of calm, is that the beach gets flatter and flatter and flatter. And bigger and bigger and bigger. Such that later, when even modest swell action happens, the beach is no longer sloped to resist. Contrast to later in the season, after periods of rough make for a sloped beach, then the beach better-resists subsequent storms.

So what all this means, is that now that are beaches are so sanded in up and down CA, that you can bet the early storms of the season (Oct? Nov? Dec?) will have an easier time eroding. Let's hope that el nino they keep talking about brings some 20 ft. swells with on-shore winds :)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice captures from the sand and the pic's..!!

The Full moon on the Mid Atlantic Coast was enough to hunt by the last few nights here also.... not a lot of treasure last night but better then any other place at 3 am...

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice beach goodies! Love seeing that "green" sticking out in the sand! That beach looks pretty clean, I thought there was an oil leak near there? Congratz on the finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread