Bone spur

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
About a month ago I pinpointed a target in the wet sand. (Gold signal) As I started to dig a big rush of water came in and would of caused me to lose my target so I dug in super quick to trap it. I hit a rock and jammed my big toe. It hurt but so what. I'm a big boy.
5 wks later it still kills so I went to a podiatrist. Long story short, I have a painful bone spur on the large knuckle at the base of my big toe. I got a cortisone shot but I may need surgery to round off the painful spur.
The reason I'm mentioning this is just tell everyone to not get TO into the moment of something. Stay calm, watch your surroundings, and don't get hurt. I might be down for a month cuz of a nickel ...not to mention the insurance deductible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that goes double for falling out of the back off my pick up. will be weeks before i heal...........

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Get better soon fellas. This is starting to sound like a dangerous hobby. I might have to go back to playing rugby on the weekends.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rolled my ankle in the spring and dropped the old F75 over a cliff but luckily if fell into a bush.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoever said this is a benign hobby, has never detected long! Metal detecting is not for wimps! :laughing7:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
So sorry to read about the bone spur,JeepGold; I hope you will recover fully ASAP and be able to get out there again.

Lorraine

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Thanks. I still hunt. I just end up with a limp when I'm done. I don't shovel with the front ball of the foot any more either. Now its more towards the arch.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get to feeling better soon and can avoid surgery.

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Thanks. I've been hunting still. I just have to walk a bit more flat footed. Also, as long as I keep about 400 mg of IBU rolling through my veins I can manage Hopefully the cortisone shot helps and my body decides to put a little cartilage in to fill the spur. If I have to end up have the spur shaved down I'll do it around December. That way I don't mess with another annual insurance deductible since mines maxed already and I can take some bad weather time of work. :)

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just use the uninjured foot to push down on the scoop?
Doing so should say you a lot of pain, or making the injury worse.

Thanks. I still hunt. I just end up with a limp when I'm done. I don't shovel with the front ball of the foot any more either. Now its more towards the arch.

Last edited:

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Hang in there. And give it time. What type of scoop do you use? It would help if you used a stealth or stavr both styles are pointed and get in there easier.

This past December and January I had a heal injury. It is still hurt just dormant atm. Back then I agrivated it by stomping a cardboard box at work. I didn't think anything of it. The ball on my right foot took 8 weeks for me to start walking normally. And for 4 I almost couldn't walk. Stupid human!!! Me...for crushing a box like that.

My first few hunts this year were difficult and painful to say the least. But. I didn't push it and I took it real easy. I was trying to heal. Here I am now and it's fine. Just really needed time to recover.

If the surgically scrape the bone burr writhing 18 months a bigger one will be back. This might be a 180 digging for you in that you try switching feet. It will heal. Just don't go out an forget your hurt an make it worse.

Hhgl-Joe

About a month ago I pinpointed a target in the wet sand. (Gold signal) As I started to dig a big rush of water came in and would of caused me to lose my target so I dug in super quick to trap it. I hit a rock and jammed my big toe. It hurt but so what. I'm a big boy.
5 wks later it still kills so I went to a podiatrist. Long story short, I have a painful bone spur on the large knuckle at the base of my big toe. I got a cortisone shot but I may need surgery to round off the painful spur.
The reason I'm mentioning this is just tell everyone to not get TO into the moment of something. Stay calm, watch your surroundings, and don't get hurt. I might be down for a month cuz of a nickel ...not to mention the insurance deductible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions