A Year Without Beach

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outside my sliding glass door there's a 10x10 concrete pad, this being laced by three-feet of decorative white gravel and rock, a four-foot high stained privacy fence surrounding this. This is my make-shift Indiana beach.

I go to the dollar store from time to time and buy those dollar packages of seas shells to scatter about in the decorative gravel and rock so my four-year old granddaughter can hunt through them and gather some up to take home. She thinks there, “so darn breathtaking.”

The other day my granddaughter was on this patio and I gave her one of those jelly cups you buy at the grocery store, she accidentally turned it upside down and out came that glob of jello. My first instinct was to quickly warn her not to touch it or to step on it. Damn glob was red, a ptsd on my part, perhaps.

Last week I got the cops called on me while playing in an elementary school sandbox, lawn chair, swim trunks, metal detector and scoop, dark sunglasses and flip-flops. Three days prior the same two cops showed up at the city park to find me standing at the edge of the river watching the carp swim about and shouting, “LOOK AT THE MANATEES! LOOK AT THE MANATEES!” Same lawn chair, swim trunks, metal detector and scoop, dark sunglasses and flip-flops. Also mask and snorkel.

Did you know they make “a special beach jacket” with long sleeves and a lot of straps? Apparently they do. These were the same two cops who responded to the 911 call when I had that seizure in front of the jewelry store inside the mall, swim trunks, metal detector and scoop, dark sunglasses and flip-flops. Also mask and snorkel. Probably a good thing that I had that seizure before I went inside the jewelry store. Nice cops, really. A couple of nice and thoughtful fellas. They gave me that special beach jacket for free. Even wrote my name on it.

I'm back home now and it appears that I'll be needing a new load of sand, darn stuff keeps getting tracked outside. If it gets too low the pet seagulls start pecking away at the carpet and the sand crabs have no place to hide. My neighbors keep insisting that I go to rehab but I don't even drink. :dontknow:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I completely agree! I couldn't live that far from the beach myself!

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

I agree...
That is why one day while detecting I had a big hit way down... starting digging...
And did not stop digging...

Until I completed my tunnel into my new house I built under the beach... where I reside now...
I have an underground sand pit house now...
cant get any closer to water without a caveing in the under beach living room...
So...
All I have to do now is get up...
Bail a few buckets of seepage...
And crawl out of my beach "hole" and begin detecting...

I am thinking of installing a PVC periscope so as to "spy" on beach people to see when they loose stuff. :P

Someone really needs to develop some solar panels disguised / looks like beach towels... :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread