How deep will you dig?

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My ctx 3030 and excal both target very deep. Sometimes deeper than I want. 20150906_073326.jpg . Ok. Maybe not THIS deep.

Upvote 0

Lats

Jan 17, 2015
Westchester, NY
Detector(s) used
White Surf Dual PI, Ace250 with Double D Coil, Stealth 720i Hybrid, Beachmaster, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Got to go with joeb on this one. Once I get past 15 inches it usually turns out to be an old beer can. Not that I ever learn, I keep digging till I pull it out and then want to kick myself in the head knowing that I was wasting my time all along. Lol.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
On my old beach's I can tell fairly well if it is something like a can but sinkers get me for some can be in the area of 15 to 18 inch's.. At the ocean is where I struggle since those dag cell phones can be down many scoops and they are worth a few bucks. So I would say 20 inch's at the ocean also... I've learned to be gentle on digging them also.. this IPhone 6 I keep tapping it and pulling the scoop back a little more each time...110.oo Backback...
OBN0337.jpg

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my old beach's I can tell fairly well if it is something like a can but sinkers get me for some can be in the area of 15 to 18 inch's.. At the ocean is where I struggle since those dag cell phones can be down many scoops and they are worth a few bucks. So I would say 20 inch's at the ocean also... I've learned to be gentle on digging them also.. this IPhone 6 I keep tapping it and pulling the scoop back a little more each time...110.oo Backback...
View attachment 1209091
Yeah, I was digging what I thought was a can in the wet sand and at about 18 inches I hit the target with my scoop. I got under it and pried up a Samsung phone...I cracked the screen...it sold on Ebay for 60 dollars but would have sold for about 130 without the cracked screen...Im more careful now when I dig those deep beer cans.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deeper than I should have every time it happens :|

Attachments

• IMG_3897.JPG
    IMG_3897.JPG
    544.5 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
It wasn't my hole.I saw it from some kids just trying to dig to China and had to take a picture of it

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It wasn't my hole.I saw it from some kids just trying to dig to China and had to take a picture of it

Uh-huh...
Do you think we ought tell those kids that if they want to "dig a hole to China", they need to start digging in Argentina?
Dig straight down anywhere in the US, and you'll pop out somewhere in the Indian Ocean.

That is, assuming you survive passage through the Earth's molten core.
You'll also need someone on the other side to reach-in and grab you when you "emerge", or you'll just fall down the same hole you just dug - only backwards!! :laughing7:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive seen them so big the beach crew has to come out with shovels and fill them in. IMO ..... id handed the life guard the shovel if he let them do it. After dark its a safety issue for the county.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to ask what the target ended up being...you got us on that one.

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
When I only had my PI machine... after a TS Sandy went through, I dug down deep enough to find a truck tire! Just last week, I found a target down deep in the tide and decided I would come back during low tide to try to recover the item. I broke off my Steath scoop handle trying to pry the S.O.B. up. It's still there as far as I know! If it is more than 8". I usually keep walking unless I get a steady tone from the CTX.

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
When I only had my PI machine... after a TS Sandy went through, I dug down deep enough to find a truck tire! Just last week, I found a target down deep in the tide and decided I would come back during low tide to try to recover the item. I broke off my Steath scoop handle trying to pry the S.O.B. up. It's still there as far as I know! If it is more than 8". I usually keep walking unless I get a steady tone from the CTX.

You knew a trans-sexual named Sandy?

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
lol.. just you knowing people puts a puzzled look on my face.....

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
yes.. But the TS doesn't. Im just bust'n your "pull tabs"

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I only go to the beach one weekend every 4-6 weeks to see my parents. I usually go Saturday and Sunday morning and stay in the water. I use a cz20 and the stealth 720i. With all of that said, I keep the depth on 5 out of 10 and make no more than 4 scoops. If I don't have my target, I move on. The 5 setting keeps me from IDing targets too deep. I know this probably makes some salt water hunters cringe, but I try to cover as much water as possible in the little time I have. I can say this though, I really enjoy hunting in the ocean!

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where' the best place to sell total'ed iphone's?
View attachment 1209091

Hauptmann aD

Greenie
Jul 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old pirate's treasure chest in the depth will be safe from me, as will be the air bomb from WW II.
Once I reached more than 30 cm, I usually give up on the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread