cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salt water beach I presume? Take it out of Pro and turn down the sensitivity until it's stable.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's for in the wet sand or water. In the dry, run it as hot as you can.

OP
OP
D

dmoss8928

Jul 25, 2013
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea it will be salt water but will be doing most of the hunting in dry sand...

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground Balance often... your GB will drop the closer you get to the water. And like Cuda said, lower the SENSE until the chatter quiets down.

Enjoy.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ground Balance often... your GB will drop the closer you get to the water. And like Cuda said, lower the SENSE until the chatter quiets down.

Enjoy.

This advice is right on. During my testing of the AT Pro for Kellyco, GB should be established first then set the sensitivity. The manual GB method worked best for me with the most stable setting in the lower ranges. Once I established a good GB along with an appropriate sensitivity level, that stabilized the ATP, it ran exceedingly well in the wet sand, dry sand and surf...especially for a single frequency machine.

One caveat: My testing was done on a beach in central Florida's east coast. As we know, the mineralization of beaches differ radically at times depending on where you hunt. You'll just have to adjust your ATP to best suit the conditions on your beach but following the above process and sequence will get you there. The ATP is an excellent detector.

Soldier on and good hunting...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use Standard Mode...I use auto ground balance and in the wet sand and water it usually balances around 11 to 13...if you go to the dry you have to ground balance again...the dry should balance somewhere between 50 and 70...Start with sensitivity on 5 bars and lower if your getting falses and raise it if its stable...you shouldn't have to go lower than 4 and you probably wont be able to go higher than 6...all beaches are different...here in Florida I run 5 or 6 sens and the AT Pro does good...good luck and let us know how it goes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread