Upvote 0

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You just just had a recalled pos put on your machine. Yup...return it! Where did you get it an who did the work?

I just had the coiltek 15 inch spyder coil installed on my Excal and it has been giving problems. It falses, unstable in wet sand and when I run the scoop over the coil I get no sound on my head set. Sent it to Kellykco. They said it is under warrenty. Any one else having problems with the spyder wot coil ? Thanks Joe

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Must be a bad batch. Mines smooth as silk. It falses if the sensitivity is to high compared to the stock coil but that's expected. Hope you get it resolved. ..

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Out of curiosity, when did you buy your coil? And is it the spider one or the older one. They have stopped selling them now till the problem is fixed. The timeframe for when the junk batch appeared on the market would be good to know for those that have them. Coiltek will fix it for sure. Bummer it happened. I use to use an older version of wot. Having sensitivity at 12 to 2 pm was easy...and almost to deep. Hhgl-Joe

Must be a bad batch. Mines smooth as silk. It falses if the sensitivity is to high compared to the stock coil but that's expected. Hope you get it resolved. ..

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Mine is also smooth once I adjust the sensitivity to lake conditions. But I wonder if in high mineralization when I have to turn down the sensitivity do I actually get any better depth than the stock 10 inch coil? Anyone care to comment

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
If it's running stable...probably not. I used to run mine hot enough to false every 5 to 10 feet. Heavily mineral soil. It would find a dime at a foot easy. Just bbs was slow in that it's reset from a null or false would take a second. Hhgl-Joe

Mine is also smooth once I adjust the sensitivity to lake conditions. But I wonder if in high mineralization when I have to turn down the sensitivity do I actually get any better depth than the stock 10 inch coil? Anyone care to comment

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several Manufactures are having issues which tells me they buy from the same supplier. Possibly the printed circuit board in the coil has a defect...

Last edited:

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
About 5 months ago I think. The newer design.

OP
OP
S

streetglide

Aug 17, 2011
Santa Barbara ca.
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Excal. 800, 1000
Primary Interest:
I bought mine from Kellyco. Its the spyder looking wot coil, I shiped my Excal with the wot coil to them. Waiting for a reply.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought mine from Kellyco. Its the spyder looking wot coil, I shiped my Excal with the wot coil to them. Waiting for a reply.
I talked to KC tech today, they are backed up several weeks with repairs since they are the only repair center for majority of detectors at the moment. There is an office in Az repairing only ML gold detectors, all other ML detector repairs go to Kellyco......

OP
OP
S

streetglide

Aug 17, 2011
Santa Barbara ca.
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Excal. 800, 1000
Primary Interest:
Thanks for the info. Im using my 10 inch Excal for the time being. Its funny after using my Excal with the wot coil and going back to the 10 inch coil, the 1o inch coil felt like a kids toy at the beach the first time out.now it feeels like the good old days again.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Try going from a 17" ctx 3030 to an AT GOLD with a 5x8 at a park... hilarious. Although the ATG is a park killer in its own right....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread