Excal 2-Hunt in PP/AM or Disc at the beach?

treasure diver ct

Mar 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my Excal many times I have a target that it doesn't see in desc mode till I remove couple scoops of sand. All metal is deeper..

I use 15" Coils, I already have coverage I want depth as gold sinks till something stops it...

Use no discrimination, if you use discrimination your discriminating out some gold.
Same here, I like to run the big coils for coverage. Extra depth is just a bonus. I find the WOT and NEL Attack coils give good response out toward the edge of the coil. Naturally, the larger the target, the less you need to be right over the top of the target to get a response. I haven't noticed any difference in the field of detection between PP/AM and Disc, but, then again, I hunt in PP/AM virtually all the time. It seems plenty responsive out at the edge, so, it never really entered my mind that it might be a tad narrower in detection area over the discrimination field. Nothing dramatic in the difference anyway, or I would have noticed right off the bat when I first started using an Excal years ago. Back then, I tried just about every setting to see what response I was getting. I dug anything that made a noise just to see what the machine was telling me. Never noticed any field detection difference. Good question though! Might be something to test under lab conditions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread