NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bunch of guys hammer it - so youll need luck
theres 2 guys from up here that hunt up here for 6 mo.- then hunt down there for 6 mo.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
149k.gif

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Maybe it's their off months.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are a few groups of guys that go down there from a few Midwest clubs that go on cruises this time of yr every yr
I know from experience - last time down there - from stories from hotel staff from different bchs - there were no less than like 16 guys
there the 2 weeks before I got down there - I only got finds from working in tough spots and as far as as I could go
but maybe youll get there at the right place right time and clean up
my girlfriend heads down there next week

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and bring back some gold! We need more gold here in San Diego!

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
So far I'm hitting nothing but pull tabs. LOTS OF TABS. Lots!. I'm tempted to discrim out 11.17 and 12.15 on the ctx because that's tabs. Could weed out gold but my time is more valuable than a small band that may be 1ring in 400+ tab digs. Also saw a sea snake while snorkel detecting and about 20 crabs at night the size of the biggest dinner crab I've ever had. Would beat me in an arm wrestling contest. Let's put it that way. Night hunting is out because it's sketchy at best. Esp by myself with a 3000.00 machine.

streetglide

Aug 17, 2011
Santa Barbara ca.
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Excal. 800, 1000
Primary Interest:
Hit the sand and water around any jet ski, kayak or any rental items that tourist use. I have had some good luck in those areas out of the USA. Pull tabs suck don't they. Also ask any life guards or people that work at the beaches if any one has lost any big ticket items. You can rest when you get home. Good luck Joe in So. Cal.

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Rick and Roll!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the sand and water around any jet ski, kayak or any rental items that tourist use. I have had some good luck in those areas out of the USA. Pull tabs suck don't they. Also ask any life guards or people that work at the beaches if any one has lost any big ticket items. You can rest when you get home. Good luck Joe in So. Cal.
MY LAST TRIP DOWN THERE - LAST DAY - WAS ALREADY PACKED UP AND THATS WHEN A FEW PEOPLE APPROACHED ME AND TOLD ME OF A FEW RECENT LOSSES ON THE DRY SAND - TOLD THEM THEY SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING THE NIGHT BEFORE- SO GOOD IDEA TO ASK LIFE GUARDS

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ONE OF MY BETTER ARUBA FINDS
https://www.flickr.com/photos/casper-1/2233752938/
AND I DUG IT IN THE PULLTAB ZONE - ALMOST GAVE UP - CAUSE I HAD DUG ABOUT 80 OF THEM
BUT THIS WENT OFF LITTLE BETTER IN ID MODE ON MY MACHINE - IT TOOK ME ABOUT 8 SCOOPS
(IT WAS NOT DEEP -IT WAS IN WHERE THE WATER WAS BREAKING AGAINST THE SHORE AND IT KEPT MOVING AND BACK THEN I HAD A SCOOP HALF THE SIZE) - GLAD I STUCK WITH IT - MADE DIGGING ALL THOSE PULLTABS WORTH IT:thumbsup:

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Heading home. After a few days and only a few bucks, 98 degrees, humid, and the price of a car and hotel (tried sleeping out of the van , no bueno) I have to throw in the towel. Besides if I wait a few more days my flight might over book (I'm standby). I save about 200 leaving early so with next to nothing to show for 200 looks VERY attractive.

streetglide

Aug 17, 2011
Santa Barbara ca.
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Excal. 800, 1000
Primary Interest:
Look at it this way, you got out of the house for a few days to a nice beach resort. You did't have to get dressed up for dinner with the wife or girlfriend. You got to detect your brains out. Dug up countless pull tabs, PRICELESS!!!!!!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at it this way, you got out of the house for a few days to a nice beach resort. You did't have to get dressed up for dinner with the wife or girlfriend. You got to detect your brains out. Dug up countless pull tabs, PRICELESS!!!!!!!
We can do the same thing here without spending a fortune, and not leave town!:laughing7:

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Very true. I just wanted to warm water hunt without getting hammered by waves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread