First beach hunt

greatwun

Feb 21, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
My first beach hunt with the AT Pro. No silver or gold but got some nice coins and a copper Chinese pendant on a bracelet. I was surprised how many quarters I got. The two dark quarters and the bracelet were found at the base of a 4 foot cut in the sand.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444768200.028205.jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great first hunt! :occasion14:

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A fine start, a 4 foot cut is a good spot to work. The east coast is mostly flattened out now.

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
Very nice. Would you mind sharing what your settings were on the AT Pro? I have tried several times to use the Pro in the wet salt sand and have never been very successful. I love the machine for everything else including the dry sand. Thanks

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt, that's actually pretty good for a beach hunt. The matchbox car tells me you were probably working the dry sand.

Sandancer, it depends on the location... in the water here in FL ground balance of 11 and no discrimination, pro mode, and sensitivity two bars from max. It will chatter a little as the water moves over the coil, but when you hit a target it will be a loud, solid, and repeatable tone.

If you have a beach with a lot of iron or rust chips, etc, you may find that instead of chatter you get constant loud signals... this can be difficult... turning sensitivity down will help a little. A better option is to just choose a different beach.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great first spin.. !! Keep on Hammering!

OP
OP
greatwun

greatwun

Feb 21, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice. Would you mind sharing what your settings were on the AT Pro? I have tried several times to use the Pro in the wet salt sand and have never been very successful. I love the machine for everything else including the dry sand. Thanks

I had it set on Pro in the zero mode. The iron disc was set to 35 and sensitivity was three bars from max. I would ground balance whenever I go from dry sand to wet or vice versa. There was a little chatter in the wet sand but much more near the dunes where I think there may be more trash. I found the majority of the stuff in the dry sand. Hope this helps!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good first beach hunt...your finding all the right stuff, including nickels...gold is in your future...good luck

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread