18/10 hunt and hunt full of supprises

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started as usual beach hunting on low tide with little waves, I was searching in wet sand when i notice that i am not alone .
One more guy was working beach and approach in my direction, which was quite unusual since 99% time nobody hunt this beach except me.
Few meters before met in border of wet and dry sand i got nice signal and dig it and it was this tiny 0.8gr 990 silver ring. I was surprised again since i never find silver ring with so high % of silver and he shine like bullion coin much different than usual Sterling jewelry.
Other guy was using AT Pro and didn't have much luck so i continue on path he already search just more closer to the water in case he missed something.
And then i meet 2 more guys with detectors using Garrets 350 , we chat little and they also didn't find anything serious. I proceed further to the end of the beach but didn't get anything goods ,just few pull tabs. I turned back and start checking higher on the slope , and suddenly in one slope i get few signals so i dig them , were nothing special but i continue to search when i got a loud signal almost in water . Since there were waves i wait wave pass and dig signal throwing send uphill but still in wave activity zone. I see that i dig out something shiny but cant see exactly since was covered with some sand, in part of second reminds me on some roman ring i have with who look like screw nut. So quickly
stand up on it until next wave pass , then i pick it up.
And WOW i was surprised this much more . I never find gold ring on this beach in more than 30 visits because sand is too deep and they sunk too deep out of range of detector. I check ring for stamps inside and see 750 , yippee ,my second 750 ring and is first white gold .Then notice he have one more stamp 0.34ct , i know the meaning of the mark so i finally understand that i hit jack pot.
I check it in jewellery shop it is 18k white/yellow 6.9 grams gold ring with 21 diamonds , and biggest diamond is 0.34, estimated value around 3000usd.
So i find my first gold ring on this beach who at same time my first white gold one and most valuable ring until now :laughing7:
This find was strange since numerous time i hit same area and no gold at all just junk, silver and plated rings. I quickly analyzed situation i find out even this ring is find almost in the water basically it is dry sand find. 4 times me and 3 other guys pass the area and didn't get signal , on my way back i pass same area i find it.
The wave pull the ring down form dry sand to the water i was lucky enough to come in right moment if i come maybe 15 minutes later probably i will not find it.
Finally i conclude that all my finds in wet sand or in border of dry and wet sand on this beach r dry sand finds who r pulled by waves to wet.
This i confirmed with find of one more gold ring on border of dry and wet sand few days after.In dry sand they r too deep and excalibur cant reach them but wave activity take them down and make them more shallow.
DSC_0023.JPG DSC_0024.JPG DSC_0025.JPG DSC_0026.JPG DSC_0027.JPG

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds. your persistence at hunting this beach really paid off. :occasion14:

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring Max..........!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread