NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not as good as I had hoped.
When I got in small beach at my resort -I could see recent scoop marks ...someone was there the week before
and not only at my resort -
to make things worse.. after I was in about an hour - here's comes another hunter...I'm sure just as thrilled to see me
only other time I had to share with another TH'er was when I went on vacay with Whydah to Mex., but that was planned
(I did good there..here are finds from that trip plus one not pictured I returned )
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...ure677554.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...ure677553.html
but back to this trip

our resort beach was small - luckily I got the only 2 rings the other guy left - one a 22k band -the other a tungsten one
next day went to another spot - once again about 1 1/2 hr later - here comes the other guy again. Once again I could see scoop marks from
week before most likely - Once again was lucky to come out with another 2 missed - one a 10k band -the other one junk
Next day got thrown out of a spot that I had gotten bunch of gold last yr at - though I was in my rights to stay - did not want to put up the fight to do so - went to another spot...which I got about 80% of my coins at - but nothing but junk jewelry there - its a local swim hole
- next morn early - went to resort nextdoor - there about 2 hrs and got a platinum band. Later on in the day went to another resort and got a palladium band, a portugese 7 ring silver band, a crusty large silver band, and a silver heart and few other pieces of silver jewelry and another tungsten band. Next day was a bust - rough waters and rotten bottom - my gal ended up swimming with the dolphins. Was going to hunt early my last day but hands and feet were bloated so just went down to the buffet before packing it up. was hoping to do better - could've done worse.
coin count was 336 - lot of scooping
jamjewelry.JPG
jamkprs.JPG
jamcoins.JPG
jammisc.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guy at my resort was named Bill - from Detroit - some here may know him -belongs to a club out there

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my gal had fun
DSCN4204.jpg

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you did pretty darn good to me. Skated out of there with some treasure and a good time!

Last edited:

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't be too hard on yourself friend. Here, the temp is in the 40s, with snow in the mountains, and we have had about an inch of rain with much more in the forecast. Went out for bit in my yard and found a clad dime and zinc penny, and got my hands muddy and cold. I'd take your haul and warm tropical beaches any day!

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i dont know man, been a long time since i found that many targets, didnt hit that much gold, but A for effort for sure

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Overall not a bad hunt.... likely those who hunted before you didn't do so well, their experience not being what yours is... and oh yea, in my next life, I plan on being a dolphin.

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Some solid finds there Casper!
Congrats

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did a HELL of a lot better than me, and I hunt in Puerto Rico, Grenada and Grand Cayman. All I got was crusty American coins, junk and few pieces of junk jewelry.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great trip Casper...you got four nice tickets and some nice other finds too...do those coins come in mid or high tone?...congrats.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great trip Casper...you got four nice tickets and some nice other finds too...do those coins come in mid or high tone?...congrats.
there "dollar" coins usually come in at high
there 50c and lower come in a mid and low on the cz21 - they are made of steel or steel alloy
so lot of guys with minelabs in discrim. pass them up
when I hunted in Mex. 2012 with Whydah - I got like 75% more coins than he did cause I hunted in all metal
they have some that are steel too and some that are nickel I think
I think when you hunt other countries - good idea to hunt in all metal just to see what goes off like what
I have not gone thru everyone - know I got some older coins - they no longer use - larger ones at top
got some euros in there - got couple toonies and a loonie and some smaller Canadian change
bunch of US quarters - a few from other islands and a few from some other countries - think some smaller Russian ones
someone told me that Russians sometimes throw one of their coins in for good luck - found a lot of theirs in Dom.Rep.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
getting told I could not hunt after taking taxi to that beach and paying fee for entry and chairs
ALL Jamaican water is supposed to be public - they can say you cant go on their sand but supposedly cant stop you from water
last year security tried to tell me I could not do it at another spot and I told them that and they backed off
this guy would not - I could have told him to come and get me - don't think he would have - chamber of commerce supposedly says they cant stop us but guy was nice and said he'd lose his job if he allowed me - so I left
counted on this spot being my ace in the whole - got like 4 gold and some silver ones as well as a few others there last year - this was a real kick in the sack for me
I made a few other bad calls the rest of the week and probably cost myself more yellow - live and learn

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could have a "not so good days", I even be happy with a not so bad days! Kudos too you! :occasion14:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could have a "not so good days", I even be happy with a not so bad days! Kudos too you! :occasion14:
think I got stopped at same spot you mentioned you did

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Even thought you have had better trips I think this one was successful. Looks like the lady had a good time, you found some treasure and you came home safe. I heard from Clive a several months ago that those beach's are getting hammered fairly regular now, I know his last trip we spoke of he had his detector stolen and was lacking the normal treasure found.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
You did well! I'm always happy if I come home with one or two from a vacation! congrats

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for not coming to europe Casper: "we already take care of our beaches" ! :laughing7:

Congrats :occasion14:

FM

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread