Whats your choice of shoe for hunting in the surf?

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
CZ-20, Sea Hunter II, Simplex,
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
For style and flair you cant go wrong with paten leather. But be warned there not durable.

OP
OP
Bill - De

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No patent leather or workboot in the surf, for me. The diver wetboot is what seems to be the best deal. Tried to find those Walmart one's, but came up empty, when searching their website. (anyone have a link?).

I need something that will fit wide feet; (3E/4E). I read some of the reviews of the Mares, 3COMM and others, haven't found one that's wide width. Seems you have to be satisfied with it stretching to fit, but the last pair I had were too tight.

OP
OP
Bill - De

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Men's A/S no longer listed on their website; and no stock on women's sizes, so my wife won't be buying a pair either. Still looking.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Might want to just try your local WM Store. Mine still stocks them. GL
Men's A/S no longer listed on their website; and no stock on women's sizes, so my wife won't be buying a pair either. Still looking.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard sole jet ski Boots

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Hard sole, or sneaker sole dive boots are great, but not designed for walking for 10 hours. Must use neoprene or other socks. Go up a size or more for a good fit. I take a 9, these were tight, went up to a 10 which were better but still got blisters. A friend of mine was selling all his dive gear and I bought his size 13, they are the most comfortable of everything I ever tried. Spray the zippers with silicone to keep them working.

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a good question. I have paid big bucks for expensive neoprene surf boots, Oneil, Excel etc. they all fall apart to quick. Inevitably you have to walk a bit on the macadam which kills them and my scoop tends to wear it down as well, since I have to push it into the dirt with my foot. Now I just by the cheapest Walmart slipper style that last at
Least a little while, but it's cheap. The boot style neoprene a can get water in them and wear ya right out. Try to get ones with a strap around the top to keep Pools of water and sand out. The boots are nice while they last. I got enough callas on my foot now that I go barefoot a lot but it's risky here in New Jersey especially after hurricane Sandy. Idk. Jmo. For what it's worth. Wish I could find me the perfect boot.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the "Bare" brand dive booties.
I'd a put a pic up for you, but my "adult content" filter won't give me pics for "Bare" booties. :BangHead: :laughing7:

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Merrells Sandal 3.jpg.JPG Merrells Sandal 1.jpg.JPG MerrellsSandal 4.jpg.JPG I have worn this ( 1 ) pair of Merrell Sandals for along time, They are light weight and lets the Sand and water pass thru, I do wear a pair of socks. Expensive but worth the money

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Love Cressi zippered dive boots with hard soles and have been wearing them for 4 yrs now. I tuck them under my wetsuit for surf hunting all day. I have also worn them on the dry beach for 8-12 hrs of detecting with occasional movement into the surf. You can get a great deal on the Cressi dive boots at LeisurePro (dive boots buy at LeisurePro) and they're 60% off (only about $20.00 vs $60 retail. I have no affiliation with the store. The boots run about right - I wear a size 12-13 shoe and the size 12 fit perfect.
As for metal detecting in the surf, be sure to continuously scoot your feet along the bottom and DO NOT walk in the surf as you will eventually step on a stingray and you will regret the meeting!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mares here as well. They are jast hard to beat. I use the 6.5 MM they can stand the pulling on and off better and repel water better so they dont smell like thinner dive boots. Cant stand sandals or shoes that let the dang sand and crushed shells in. I went to the hard bottom Mares after going thru a pair of regular dive boots every 3 months..... the scoop just tears um up. Easy on.... easy off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions