Winter water gear

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Was going to just hijack the "Which water boots do you use" thread but opted to just start another thread about everything needed to stay warm.

I dressed really warm the other day since it's winter time and it's been getting much colder. I didn't have any gloves and never really thought much about it till the other day when my hands pretty much froze up on me. Quick run to a scuba store and I got me some super nice water gloves....

I can't imagine you east coast and North Eastern guys going into the surf this time. Share what you use for gear. Brand name, links, photos are welcome. 213362_2565_1024x2000.jpg

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I hunt in the water knee to shoulder deep, Winter water temps running around 35 to 45, air temps in the teens to 40's. New setup....DUI drysuit, Weezler Extreme undergarment, with a dry glove system and a 7mm hoody. Last year I could go just a little over two hours in these condition, hopefully this Year with a few new idea's I can go three to four with iceberg's floating past. Just hoping things don't freeze up like they did last year from late Jan to the first week of March..
Last year My hands would get fairly cold by the two hours being under, this year I hope this battery heated glove system will aid in the warmth. Good for 6 hours on high, 12 on low

OBN0347.jpg OBN0348.jpg

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North eastern guys don't do what?
blizzardhunt.JPG

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thought I sent you a link to my articles ?
mention cold water wear in a few
if not pm me and will send

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt in the water knee to shoulder deep, Winter water temps running around 35 to 45, air temps in the teens to 40's. New setup....DUI drysuit, Weezer Extreeme undergarment, with a dry glove system and a 7mm hoody.

Weezer? weezer-rivers.jpg

or Weezle ? weezle.jpg

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried winter lake hunting in my drysuit and it sucked. You have to wear a lot more weight than just to scuba dive, you still get cold even though you are wearing thick thermals. A battery powered heated suit might be nice to try. It might also help if you were hunting a nice beach cut and digging gold!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I spent my High School years in the 1980s. From the pictures that you've given as options, I choose Duran Duran.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Just order these in the hope it will help on the feet.. Sorry about the spelling, never was much for English Class..

Weezle

OBN0007.jpg OBN0006.jpg

Last year after two hours in the water I would start to get cold. (Waist to Shoulder deep hunting)
This summer I started collecting what I needed to fix these areas .. The feet and hands.. the body was not to bad but I made a step up from Military type quilted under garment to the Weezle Extreme, hoping that this will aid in keeping the extremities warmer also. The Drysuit I have added 250 Thinsulted felt bottom boots

OBN0347.jpg

Water temp now is 51, For me it seems that when it goes from summer ( WT80's), to fall (WT50's), then winter (WT30's) it is much harder for the body to adjust. Then coming out of winter going into the spring water temps. (WT40 to 60's)

Last edited:

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are tough!

Tough no. Hard core is more like. I got to admire you guys, next time I get a little chill here in Florida this thread will give me a different perspective.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure what you call it but the drive is the treasure and the love of being able to go when you want. My hunting partner just got his first dry suit / dry gloves. Being able to get out and be comfortable when the winter winds are moving things around is a great advantage. He got his dry suit 3 weeks ago in that time he has 7 gold's to show, and.................... I just got a call from him and he got 4 more gold rings today.. Killing me I can't get out but I'm Happy for him because those rings would have been gone for ever...And I would guess he has now paid for the setup.. Mike is now at 72 pieces of Gold for the year and 59 are Gold rings! Wow! I love it!

Make that 60 as of friday the 4th.. drysuit now paid for...12 gold's in less then a month

Really have to love a Hobby that pays for itself! And Beyond...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread