QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm coming to find that searching out Canadian metal detecting companies, I am not seeing a huge selection of beach scoops for purchase. Seems every company sells RTG, which looks like a nice scoop but I'm looking for more of a Trex style. Does anyone know of any websites, sponsors here perhaps. With the CDN exchange right now it makes it far too expensive to bring across the border. Thanks

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have free healthcare, we have great sand scoops. Get the Stainless Steel RTG Monster and be done with it!

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have free healthcare, we have great sand scoops. Get the Stainless Steel RTG Monster and be done with it!

Not all Canada has free healthcare. Only a few Provinces have free healthcare. When I lived in BC most of my life I paid for healthcare, ON however does have free healthcare, basic healthcare that is, not prescriptions or any of that jazz. RTG monster never heard of that model. Thanks.

HARRASS

Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria
Detector(s) used
2 Excals, tiger shark, explorer, Quattro, ace 250 and an f2
I'm from the other end of the province... got tired of buying expensive metal scoops (which didn't last long) and decided to make my own scoop constructed without metal Parts. If it isn't in the sand it is in my scoop. I've been using the same scoop for more than ten years. If you need more info check harrass in this sector of treasure-net.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have Ebay? A lot of the Starvr knock offs are good scoops for the price. Also, cant beat Sunspot. But like Terry said, the RTG with a stainless tip is a good choice as well.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have Ebay? A lot of the Starvr knock offs are good scoops for the price. Also, cant beat Sunspot. But like Terry said, the RTG with a stainless tip is a good choice as well.

I do have and buy regularly on eBay. I have seen those knock offs but exchange rate makes the price really creep up. Plus you read so many posts on breaking scoops that it would be money down the drain cause you wouldn't ship back to the Ukraine. And I would like to try and support a closer detector shop and / or manufacturer within North America. No offense to anyone, as I've grown older I'm learning the importance of supporting local business because mom and pop shops have almost disappeared. Thanks.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm leaning towards the RTG Pro 5" SS travel scoop. The monster is 7 lbs and the Pro 5 is 4.5lbs and since I won't be in any waves 5" should work fine. #709 minitv

Not sure why between the 2 the monster has a 2 yr warranty yet the pro is only 90 days. Weird.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
is there one with a beer holder?

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is there one with a beer holder?

I'm waiting for Boxing Day specials and hopefully they offer a bundle with perhaps this,
beer-hat-beer-helmet-pic-8.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions