Stump Pass State Park hunt

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
In accordance with a request from Oregon, here is another hunt on the beach. This is from SW Florida, Stump Pass, south of Englewood FL.

It was a good day to be outside. Nice tropical breezes, low surf, lots of sun- 82F.

So then, here ya go, nothing special, but a fun day on the beach none the less...

IMG_5316.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 6.07.08 PM.png

Upvote 0

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Late last nite, I had the idea of heading hitting the beach today.... Stump Pass was on my list of possible destinations... turns out my morning got jacked up, and I stayed here in town... good job cleaning up the beach!

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Theres plenty still there Dave. Just avoid the blue lines- I cleaned them out, except for iron and foil.

Sally4157

Jan 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ask to hunt there? I am curious since it is a State Park. I would like to hunt there but have not yet.

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you might hunt there as other hunters found Spanish coins on that beach but all the rest is out in the water from a wreck .

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good hunt! :icon_thumleft:

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Looks like my typical hunt and enjoyed the map from the CTX 3030. I have a CTX, in the shop now, but never used the map feature.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ask to hunt there? I am curious since it is a State Park. I would like to hunt there but have not yet.

This thread is several years old.... which is ok... just that some of the members have not been here for some time.

So... I will answer you.

ALL parks... repeat ALL parks... upon entering... the first thing you should do is to look for any park ranger and ask.

It is best to find the head ranger.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is several years old.... which is ok... just that some of the members have not been here for some time.

So... I will answer you.

ALL parks... repeat ALL parks... upon entering... the first thing you should do is to look for any park ranger and ask.

AARC is right on...

Sometimes you can find the metal detecting rules for a specific park but here's what is stated online when entering the words "metal detecting" in the Florida State Park website...

Can I use my metal detector in Florida State Parks?
The use of metal detectors is allowed in certain designated areas in Florida State Parks. Metal detectors may be used at coastal parks between the waterline and toe of the dune, as determined by the Park Manager, except at archaeological sites within the zone. Metal detectors may also be used during authorized archaeological research projects, and to recover lost personal items, with supervision of a park staff member. Please check with the park of your choice for special details and arrangements.

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

So... I will answer you.

I did ask. The ranger gave me the Okay as they were planning to (and subsequently did) renourish the beach. It's goes much further out now.
(sorry for the late reply, I've been off line for a couple of years)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread