Reelsnrods

Feb 13, 2013
Nantucket
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally found my CZ after recently moving, and couldn't wait to get back down to a recently formed cut on the falling tide. I immediately found a quarter and a local car wash token. Then a few steps further, I got a good signal and saw the necklace half exposed on the surface:thumbsup:
As I fiddled with the necklace, I got that creepy someone's watching me feeling, so I pocketed the piece and looked up the bank to find a guy staring down at me from the above. I waved pleasantly and began filling my hole. At this point said guy on the bank tossed a rock in front of me to get my attention. He might have been talking to me before, but with the earphones on I don't hear much. He said I was on private property and needed to move on. I apologized and said I thought I was clear up to the high water mark. He said it was actually the low water mark and I can call the town to get confirmation. I apologized again, to which he said I just needed to move on past a post further down the beach, which I did.
The more I thought about it, I totally get where he was coming from, not that I was in anyway digging in his eroding hillside which will most likely only last a couple more years before his house is claimed by the sea. The idea of which would put me in a bad mood too!
Anyway, I ended up finding a couple more modern coins and called it a day.
The necklace looks to have hallmarks on the pendant and chain, but sure looks like it might have been silver plated. I'll steal the wife's jewelry cleaner and see what comes out.
Happy hunting!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    550.2 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    552.3 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    569 KB · Views: 233
Upvote 0

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Must be great working such an eroded area.
Love the silver, it would be wonderful to get a translation.

Please see my post on MA beach laws: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...107-massachusetts-law-about-beach-rights.html

The owner was in his legal rights to as you to move on. You did the correct thing by moving on and not leaving the property owner with a sour impression of one person pursuing his hobby of Metal Detecting. Thank you!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find...No one should be able to own the beach...bad law.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
That sure looks silver to me Reelsnrods, and it is a terrific find.:headbang:

I love the chain...what is the length of that chain?

Lorraine

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Lets see it cleaned up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread