Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Has anyone used some of the new pointers out there ( e.g., Minelab Pro-Find 25, Garrett Pro Pointer II, Kellyco Vulcan 360)?
Have been using the Vibra-Probe 580, which I really like, but have a chance to get a new pointer with a new detector and wondering the pros/cons of each and which new ones are out there worth considering.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of those 3 choices, I'd get the Minelab. If you have the option of getting a different model and paying the difference, I'd get the Garrett AT. (carrot)

trizman

Sep 29, 2008
Shasta lake, CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Minelab X-terra 70, Minelab Sovereign GT, Yukon 77B, Prism II, Prism V, Garrett X550, Whites XLT.
I have recently purchased the whites trx. I love it. My hunting parter is so impressed with it he is getting one tomorrow.

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
I like the trx for the simple fact that it detects just on the tip not on the sides of the pinpointer as that can get confusing with other models.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We tested different ones at a metal detecting club meeting a few months ago and the whites trx hit better on small nuggets than the garret carrot and all the other pinpointers tested. The carrot wouldn't hit on the smallest nugget but the trx sounded off on it at about an inch away. I can't remember the size of the nugget but it was pretty small, under a gram.

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro silver umax and fisher f44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently purchased mine lab pro find 25. This is my first pp so I can't compare it to others but I have no probs locating with it. I Like the light it has but not sure if the others also have this feature. I also like that it vibrates since I have headphones on but again the others may also have that feature. Overall I like it and it hasn't let me down. Detecting is so much easier using it. Don't know how I got along without it.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got the new waterproof Garrett. Can easily be attached to a lanyard. Works great. Can tune out ground. And salt water. And is easy to use. -Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread