Looking for Specific Recommendations - Princess Cays - Bahamas 1-day hunt. - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Looking for Specific Recommendations - Princess Cays - Bahamas 1-day hunt.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    58112 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Ehhh ?

Posts deleted.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us
    Aug 2013
    Miami Florida
    CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop Colt Python .357 6" Winchester 94 30-30
    472 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Hunt in the water. I have an AT Pro and my normal water setup is always the same Pro Zero mode, sensitivity as high as I can get it on Miami beaches about 3 bars shy of full then I do a manual ground balance in the water and that's about it. But keep in mind TAKE OFF THE COIL COVER (sand and air get's in and will cause noise) plus I use divers grease on all the O rings for the coil and head phone connectors and battery connector. Good luck and post photos of all the gold you find.
    Seek and ye shall find even if it turns out to be crap
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/burglary101/featured

ca
    Mar 2008
    I've hunted the 2nd beach south of the channel (where the tender docks) for 2 hours or so in the morning, on a cruise. Got 3 rings: silver, stainless, and titanium....no gold. Another fellow who hunted all 3 south beaches got one gold ring, he was using a snorkle and did some fanning....there are lots of coral, and very hard to use the water scoop, so a snorkle and hand fanning would be best!

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    4751 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Thanks for the report...too bad you had no luck...sounds like that beach has been hunted out...I hate hunting in rough conditions...it just takes all the fun out of it for me.
    Skippy SH13 likes this.

Windrider

Mar 2014
    773 times
    I know its after you traveled but for those that may head that way here is some info.

I have sailed those waters, and there is a strong 6 knot current just offshore. Sailing vessels avoid that area because to the south is a large coral reef, the winds and current try and push you ashore. To the North is the reef known as the Devils Backbone. There is a dive operation there and most of the area has been searched. Castaway Cay would be a much better spot to detect. That island is the site of the oldest known shipwreck with gold and silver on board, 15 feet of water in sand over hard coral base. the two stacks of artifacts, one silver, one gold were found offshore to the south west where the reef drops off to hundreds of feet.
    Tumbaga Bars - plundered Aztec artifacts
    Be aware that the Bahamas have very strict laws regarding treasure salvage. Fox Hill Prison is no place to spend your vacation.

The Turks and Cacios are a great place to search for treasures (but be careful not to break the laws), as the oldest completely salvaged wreck in the new world was done by Texas A&M off of French Cay. (1515) Spanish ship wrecked at Molasses Reef on the Caicos bank, became known as the Molasses Reef Shipwreck
    Turks and Caicos National MuseumMolasses Reef Shipwreck - Turks and Caicos National Museum

West of Provo out by the inner reef there were stacks of cannons found by Jacques Cousteau when he hired a friend of mine for a diving trip.

In 1687 $600,000 in gemstones, gold and silver was recovered from the Silver Shoals by Sir William Phipps.

In 1718 Anne Bonny and Mary Read capture Spanish treasure ship and settle on Parrot Cay.

In 1850 English Captain Delaney recovered $130,000 in pirate treasure at Big Sand Cay, where he claimed to have left over $10,000 face value at the site for someone to find. The stories that came from this were the inspiration for the tale of "Treasure Island". Many of the island landmarks in the story like the Looking glass arch and the underwater cave are really on this island.
    The Turks Cays - Big Sand Cay, Gibbs Cay, Long Cay, Penniston Cay, Martin Alonzo Pinzon Cay - Turks and Caicos Islands
    Last edited by sailaway; Feb 07, 2016 at 03:09 PM.
    Skippy SH13 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links