Upvote 0

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone been out around Nags Head, Kitty Hawk, etc...heading out there Saturday morning...it's almost 3 hours from my house...and would love to make the best of it. Any reports on beach conditions and places to search would be much appreciated.
I went last Saturday. My very first trip ever. Found a very little bit of clad. So much replentished sand. I was in Nags Head

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe we can get together sometime and hunt

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I worked Emerald Isle (more South of Nags Head) and like can mentioned, I also found very little clad. Here the beach has a smooth sloop with no erosion in sight.

OP
OP
Metal.detective

Metal.detective

Oct 29, 2012
Roanoke Rapids NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out yesterday. Hit Nags Head down to Kitty Hawk. Several public access areas and the fishing pier on the south end. My mother ended up with a junk ring and some clad...Step-father found some clad and a .925 infinite love necklace with all of the stones still intact. Necklace was in perfect shape not even broken. Looks like someone took it off and forgot to put it back on. Nags Head beach where we started was covered in water. The stretch of beach was so thin the waves were coming all the way to the dunes. Farther south there were wider stretches with some REALLY good cuts and steep slopes. Low tide was a joke as it didn't seem to go out much farther than what high tide was. I've been doing this going on 4 years now and we're all running AT Pros...I'm not bragging but I'm a beast in a field or woods relic hunting...that beach on the other hand is a different ballgame. I'm still trying to figure out how to "read" the beach and the best place to hunt to up my finds. I ended up getting skunked yesterday with a car key...one clad quarter...and a dog tag from a dog named Ivy with the owners number on it. I'll try and call them today to see if they want their little decorative tag back. I'm about to just give up on beach hunting.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obx is tough with so much new sand and deep sand. With the summer rush well over Im sure its been hunted hard

OP
OP
Metal.detective

Metal.detective

Oct 29, 2012
Roanoke Rapids NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured that. I want to make the trip one time on 4th of July night after the beach had been packed all day. This year it will happen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread