New Banner Nomination - Casper

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know, I know only finds get nominated for banner; but, if members themselves could be nominated then I would be the first to stand up and vote for Casper. Time and time again he has provided me with great advice. Being a veteran hunter and forum member he is in no way obligated to take the time out of his day to respond to pms or forum threads; but, he does and in a way that I find very helpful. As an example, I recently asked him for a few pointers on how I can optimize my water hunting better. We use the same CZ-21 in the water and he took the time to respond back to me with several of his tips.
My very next hunt (this past Sat.), I pulled out my first silver half from a water hunt along with several other silver pieces. I ended up with a 36' Walking Liberty,46'/54'/60' Rosies, 42' Jefferson, 2 no date Buffalos and 10 Wheaties. I had hunted this spot before and have pulled out a couple of Mercs here and there; but, this past Saturday was a completely different experience with the finds I brought home (see pics below)

20160109_141643_resized.jpeg
20160109_142414_resized.jpeg
20160109_142710_resized.jpeg

So I wanted to return the favor by taking time out to recognize him as a great asset to this forum and metal detecting community. Thanks a million Casper, you rock bud!!

Best of luck and happy hunting!
-TwoYewts

Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
did he tell you he gets 20%?

OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol...well, if I keep getting better and better scores each time I go back I then 20% would be well worth it :)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Like the Big Silver!

And I agree, Casper is always there with the best possible tips. :notworthy:

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with TwoYewts. Casper has helped me on numerous occasions. He has pm me several times on different questions I have posted.
he is truly a wealth of knowledge and goes above and beyond to help all Tnet members.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on some good finds!

:weee: Casper!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS - IM BLUSHING ...AND NOT BECAUSE ITS BELOW FREEZING HERE
I WONDER SOME TIMES JUST HOW MANY PEOPLE IVE HELPED IN THIS HOBBY OVER THE YEARS
AT LEAST I HOPE I HAVE - IF I CAN HELP ANYONE (OTHER THAN MARKING AN X ON A MAP)
IVE ALWAYS TRIED TO BE THERE - IF I CANT PASS ON MY KNOWLEDGE - HAVE MET PLENTY OF
OTHER TH'ers AND TRY TO PASS ON THEIRS-
IVE BEEN IN THE HOBBY SINCE 1975 AT AGE 12
STARTED OUT HITTING PARKS AND SCHOOLS - ADVANCED TO FARM FIELDS AND CELLARHOLES
AND OTHER FORMS OF LAND HUNTING - IN LATE 70S EARLY 80S - HIT THE WATERS BY FLOATING
A LAND MACHINE WITH A LONG WATER PROOFED CORD (BOY DO I WISH I HAD AN ACTUAL WATER MACHINE BACK THEN)
BOUGHT MY FIRST ACTUAL WATER MACHINE IN 1995 - WHITES PI - AND DID VERY GOOD WITH IT FOR ABOUT 10 YRS
AROUND 2000 - I WENT FROM WATER HUNTING LIKE 10% OF THE TIME AND LAND 90% ...TO WATER 90% AND LAND 10%
I DONT HIT DRY SAND HARDLY AT ALL AND WET SAND VERY LITTLE (ONLY ONCE LAST YEAR) - IM A WATER HUNTER
IVE BEEN USING A CZ21 FOR THE LAST 8 YRS - I FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH THIS MACHINE BECAUSE IN ALL METAL
IT ACTS AND SOUNDS A LOT LIKE THE FIRST MACHINE I OWNED WHICH WAS AN ALL METAL MACHINE ONE WITH NO DISCRIM.
AND THAT MACHINE I LEARNED AND DID JUST AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER AS THE BIG BOYS WITH THE EXPENSIVE MACHINES BACK THEN
BACK THEN A LOT OF THE DISCRIMINATORS BACK THEN WOULD THROW OUT WHITE GOLD - I REMEMBER GOING TO A DRAINED BEACH
AFTER ABOUT 40 GUYS HAD HIT THERE FOR A FEW WEEKS AND FOUND TON OF NICKLES AND 3 WHITE GOLD RINGS - ALL
BECAUSE I HUNTED IN ALL METAL. I DONT USUALLY PUSH THE MACHINES I USE - BECAUSE I FEEL THAT I DO GOOD WITH MY
MACHINES BECAUSE HOW USE MY MACHINES - AND IF YOUR NOT GONNA BE HUNTING IN THE SAME CONDITIONS AS I AM AND THE SAME
TECHINQUES AS IAM - THEN YOUR RESULTS MIGHT NOT BE THE SAME AS MINE - I USE A WHITE XLT ON LAND AND MANY OF
THE GUYS THAT USE LAND MACHINES OVER $1000 LAUGH WHEN THEY SEE ME WITH WHAT THEY CALL A "RELIC" BUT I STILL
DO GOOD WITH IT - I HIT A FARM FIELD THIS FALL THAT BEEN HIT BY TONS OF GUYS FOR YRS WITH EXPENSIVE LAND
MACHINES AND STILL FOUND 2 SEATED 1/2 DIMES AND A FEW OTHER OLD COINS AS WELL AS RELICS THEY MISSED.
I BELIEVE YOUR MACHINE IS A LARGE PART OF IT - BUT LEARNING YOUR MACHINE IS VERY IMPORTANT AND THEN LEARNING
THE PLACES YOU HIT IS ALSO - AND YES THERE IS SOME LUCK INVOLVED - BEING IN THE RIGHT SPOT AT THE RIGHT TIME
ALL THIS BEING SAID - THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS
IM LUCKY THAT IM ABLE TO BE ONLINE AT WORK AND AT HOME ALOT - IF IM ABLE - IM ALWAYS HAPPY TO HELP FELLOW
TREASURE HUNTERS - NEW AND OLD IF POSSIBLE
GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE THIS YEAR :thumbsup:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS ON THE FINDS
with those finds - hopefully gold is in your future

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and a half dollar is one of many coins on my wish list. I thank Casper and all the other members who help us be better at what we do.

OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CONGRATS ON THE FINDS
with those finds - hopefully gold is in your future

Thanks Casper. I hope so too. Looks like Saturday is going to be the better day this weekend temperature wise but its slated to rain all day. Might have to just bundle up more than normal for Sunday. I was hard pressed to leave the spot this past weekend because I had plenty of those low tone signals to check out with a preliminary scoop or two; but, could hear the wife's voice in the back of my head yelling at me already..hehe. So headed home with thoughts about what else I can find this upcoming weekend.

Thanks again!
TwoYewts

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If members could be nominated for banner, I agree that Casper should be at the top of the list. Also at the top should be OBN. They have both helped me numerous times and , without a doubt, are the best at what they do.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Casper, u da man! You have helped more people with this hobby then you realize.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup, same here. Took the time to show me how to better my research and it's paid off plenty. Good man that Casper.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Casper is more experience than just about anyone, and he has had the success to prove it. He's also a hell of a lot of fun to hunt with!

scotter1

Mar 16, 2014
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xlt man myself casper.first one i ever bought 20+ yrs ago and still going strong.up there with the best of them still.learning the machine your using is a top priority.still learning the capabilitys of mine.great post

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper - Please.....give me a break - The guy couldn't find a walker with his CZ21 if I laid it on the ground in front of him.

I had to lighten it up a bit :laughing7:

I agree 100%, Casper is one of the best and I hope to hunt with him one day :notworthy:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
I really appreciate Casper and feels sad for him because he had never been nominated banner.

I'm sure if Casper comes one time (no too much :laughing7: ) where I hunt, he will be multi nominated banners !!!

There is a need sometime to read between the lines, especially for this dedicated Tnet member.

FM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread