TRY A GOOGLE SEARCH MAYBE:dontknow:

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Going next month. I'll take some pics to post and let you know how I did.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I won't be going to far off of my resort. PV is pretty safe but I've heard the further away you get from PV where their are no police, in can be sketchy. I've heard and read some bad experiences at Yelapa.

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't be going to far off of my resort. PV is pretty safe but I've heard the further away you get from PV where their are no police, in can be sketchy. I've heard and read some bad experiences at Yelapa.

While you might not want to take your detector to San Blas [which I would] Traveling around PV from San Blas to the north to Barra de Navidad to the south is NOT any issue at all........ Enjoy the region.......

Dave

HistoryUnearthed

Jun 28, 2015
La Porte County, Indiana and SC Low-country part t
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett AT-Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: I am still in PV, but wanted to post an update. I am staying up at the Vidata resorts in Nuevo Vallarta. Been MDing 3 times and boy, what a disappointment. First time was beach hunting along dry sand and waters edge. I was shocked to get no signals, not even junk. I was getting really lonely to the point that an iron signal would be welcome. Really surprised. Cleanest beach I have ever hit. After a 3 hour hunt, absolutely nothing except a few pieces of can-slaw which I welcomed. Was starting to wonder if my detector was even working.

So, I figured I needed to do some water detecting. First time doing that. Went first thing in the morning and water was a little rough, but still spent 2 hours in the water going back and forth and nothing! Not even an iron signal out there. So since I was on a different section from my first hunt, went back to detecting the surf area. Was low tide and got a few junk iron signals. Then recovered two beer tabs, boy was I stoked! Ha, ha. All in all, another 3 hour hunt with nothing to show for it.

To all who have asked if MDing is ok in Mexico, yes, beach detecting is no problem. All of the staff had no problem with it. I did also call the guys at Master Detector up in Monterrey before I left and they confirmed the same thing. Hotels will try to say that they beach is their private beach, so they may ask you to leave if you are not staying there.

So, I still have another week here, but need to get creative. Took my MD with and have found nothing. Will advise if that changes.

How did your trip go?

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you find a 75 yr old Italian guy very tanned with tons of gold chains and rings along with studs in his nose and nipples, help yourself he won't notice, he is there lying in his speedo trying to get a tan.. Yea I know him and he thinks he is Mr Cool

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet there is some jewelry in the water at Chico's Paradise. I'd also look for some lower priced timeshare resorts to hunt around. The high dollar resorts are probably detected heavily.

Good luck!

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Don,
I'm planning a trip to PV later in the year. Your advice seems to imply that you did or have gone to Yalapa. So I'm just curious as to what finds you found there if any. I speak fluent spanish though I'm an Air Force brat living in Indiana so I don't expect any problems while there.
Fred

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions