Detecting Cocoa beach pier and south

claytargethntr

Sep 20, 2009
Hello it has been a while since I have been able to hunt. On vacation for a couple days and just wanted to confirm there are no issues with hunting the beaches around cocoa beach pier and south (never had a chance to hunt FL before). Looking for confirmation on the sand (dune to low tide)? As well as are you able to hunt the water here as well?

Claytargethntr

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No issues at all, water, dry sand or wet sand...

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Cocoa Beach Surf Report and Cocoa Beach Pier Surfcam - Florida Surf Cams

Have hunted this area for years, never a problem.
If you don't care to pay $20.00 to park at the pier or feed a meter, the county parks are free but shut at dusk.
This beach is the closest to Orlando and is over-hunted, nonetheless new drops give you a shot.
Do not expect to find old Spanish stuff here, you need to go farther south for that.
Sun On The Beach, a diner just south of Patrick AFB, is one of the best in Florida.

Good Hunting
Tek

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TO AVOID PAYING AT PARKING LOTS - I do not live down in Fla. but used to go down often yrs ago)
I have my gal drop me off and either hunt my way to an area she can park for free or lot less or call her when Im done and have me picked up
or bring a bike and find free or cheap parking and then bike to area you want to hunt
Ive heard of guys taking the bus to spots down there to save -
then there's the extremes that bring a paper bag with out of order written on it and they put
over a meter - you know who you are :tongue3:
22126.gif

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also check for trolleys... at our beaches you can park at the free lot (ending area) and then ride the trolley up to the starting area... no bare feet on the trolley but socks are acceptable.

rons1947

Jul 12, 2007
Palm Bay,Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
I have hunted Cocoa Beach many times.I usually park at the free parking lot ,near Ron Jon's surf shop(just across the street from Alan Shepard Park) and walk over to the beach.I haven't been there lately,but there are a lot less people going to the beach,than in Summer time.I recently got out to Melbourne Beach for 4 hours and found a whole 84 cents.The beaches are pretty sanded in,but that often changes.HH ,Ron

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
I hunted Cocoa beach last yr and for several yrs and always parked south 16th st S (Murkshe Pk) right next to the beach where there is free parking AND an outhouse. Look on Google maps of the area to find park. Also, Melbourne beach is all new sand thus little to find. Much of the area from Cocoa to Ft Pierce have had beaches re-sanded! FYI, Rumor has it that gold is washing up on Indialantic, just north of Melbourne beach. Check at low tide.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread